Information Management Officer- NO-A (Addis Ababa, (Fixed Term) , (Ethiopian Nationals Only)
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
UNICEF is looking for a seasoned professional to undertake the preparation of situation reports and emergency information management in support of the overall office humanitarian assistance and country program in fulfillment of the rights of children and women. If you have the required profile, you are highly encouraged to apply. Taking up this assignment is motivating and rewarding.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Safety
To undertake the preparation of situation reports and emergency information management in support of the overall office humanitarian assistance and country program in fulfillment of the rights of children and women.
How can you make a difference?
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafts regular and emergency reports in consultation with project officers, program and operational Sections as well as the Planning/M&E Section.
- Edits reports before submitting them to donors, ensuring that they satisfy appropriate UNICEF guidelines, are grammatically correct and clearly written and match funding utilization agreements and guidelines.
- Produces monthly situation reports (sitreps) and donor updates related to the humanitarian assistance and emergency responses in the country following the standard reporting scheme/format being revised.
- Collates, verifies and circulates as required, all UNICEF regional reports and sitreps and makes adequate follow-up of urgent points of action.
- Maintains a good archive of all internal & external documents received, both hard & electronic copies. Organize the most relevant documents for the local Intranet, EW/DP homepage, facilitate access all UNICEF Section.
- Organizes an effective database of useful tools and information on emergency issues, reference documents, publication, etc. in collaboration with the Communication Section.
- Participates in implementation and monitoring missions as required, gathering information to be included in reports.
- Participates in donor visitations to project sites and documents project site reports.
- Participates in other report writing functions and missions assigned by the Head of Office.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in communication, languages or social science or other related fields.
- A minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in development project management and reporting. This entails excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.