Background and Purpose
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC has worked in Yemen since 2008 responding to Food Security & Livelihood, the protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) and assistance needs of IDPs, migrants, children and local communities in collaboration with key national and international agencies.
DRC is going to implement a Cash transfer program in Shabwa governorate in consortium with other INGOs targeting IDPs and Host community.
- 1-Planning, managing and implementing of Cash transfer project based in Shabwa.
- 2-Coordinate with program, finance and administrative staff to ensure systems are in compliance with donor, DRC’s policies and procedures.
- 3-Ensure program implementation of timely, on target and on budgets using effective M&E Systems.
- 4-Ensure community involvement in all phases of the project cycle.
- 5-Ensure a competitive and transparent bidding process in adherence with donors and DRC’s policies
- 6-Create a and sustain work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- 7-Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews of staff.
- 8-Support to MEAL team conduct need assessment, data and information collection for on-going food security and livelihoods programs and for the development of future proposal.
- 9-In coordination with the MEAL Coordinator, monitor and measure the progress of project activities and taking necessary action accordingly.
- 10-Participate and represent in NGO, INGO and UN sub-cluster meetings on food security and livelihoods.
- 11-Assist the Cash and Market project Manager for program development, program management and strategy development.
- 12-Prepare project progress report, quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports, vase studies, blogs, publications etc.
- 13-Responsible to manage the field office in Shabwa
- 14-Regular review of staff performance and timely feedback to address staff performance.
- 15-Establish and maintain good relations with local authorities seek their support when needed;
- 16-Continuous coordination and cooperation with other consortium members
Skills and requirements
- University degree in social science, economy, engineering
- At least 5 years of working experience in planning, managing and implementing emergency food security and livelihoods program is essential
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in implementing general food distribution and cash for work/voucher program in a conflict setting is essential.
- Experience with /returnees programming is desired
- Experience managing EC funded project is desired
- Experience in highly volatile security situations and a commitment to team safety
- Demonstrated ability to implement a complex program, manage a range of staff and with strong emphasize on developing their capacities
- Strong social/diplomacy skill.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance.
- Very good English spoken & written skills.
- This position is based in Shabwa
Terms and Conditions
How to Apply (Application Process):
CVs of qualified candidates are invited at the below link by the 7th October 2018. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, DRC may fill the position prior to the closing date. Please mention your name on the uploaded CV file. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Shabwah (Yemen)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Managerial positions
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2018-10-07