GENDER AND RESULT OFFICER
“UNDP is the UN's global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, including Indonesia, working to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. UNDP supports implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In Indonesia, UNDP works with the Government to integrate SDGs into national plan and policies.”
Under the direct supervision of the Head of QARE unit and in close collaboration with colleagues in the Programme and Operation Sections of UNDP Indonesia, the Gender and Results Officer is responsible for the promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment, facilitation of implementation of the gender strategy in UNDP Country Office (CO) level, supporting gender mainstreaming into programmes and projects and provision of substantive and technical input toward achieving full compliance with gender seal programme.
In addition, s/he will be in charge for producing gender-sensitive Result Reporting which will provide transparent information on impact and results achieved by the CO’s programme. S/he will also apply the practical tools and guidelines to make an assessment, measure and monitor improvements of results on gender equality and women’s empowerment of the Country Programme.
The Gender and Results Officer will serve as an advisor and resource person for the Country Office for the issues related to gender equality, women empowerment, and gender sensitive results management.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Technical support, advice and inputs to the country programme development, implementation of CO gender strategy:
- As Country Office (CO) gender focal point guide the development and/or ensure implementation of UNDP’s Strategic Plan and the Country Office’s gender equality strategy, its plan of action and gender mainstreaming tools and ensure regular review of the Country Office’s programme and projects from a gender perspective.
- In coordination with the Head of Quality Assurance and Results Unit, ensure design and implementation of gender sensitive results and resource framework (outputs, indicators, baseline and targets) and monitoring and evaluation plan, including regular monitoring of gender marker and provide advice to programme colleagues to maximise budget allocation directly contributing to gender equality results.
- To provide advisory support to programme and project colleagues in ensuring the integration of gender perspective into annual work plan and programme/project implementation (including support for gender analysis, gender screening in the Local Project Appraisal Committee/LPAC processes),
- To work with Operations unit to ensure gender sensitive operations business processes are implemented and CO gender parity is promoted at all levels.
- To provide guidance and coordination for systematic and regular orientation and learning of all UNDP staff, gender focal point and implementing partners on gender mainstreaming to enhance their capacity to fully integrate gender dimension in policies, programs and projects.
- Lead the capacity assessment of gender mainstreaming capacity and propose and execute gender equality related capacity-building activities for CO and project staff and national stakeholders of UNDP projects/programmes in gender analysis, substantive gender topics, conflict sensitivity and other key development practices that UNDP is working.
- Orient CO and project staff on the use of Gender Marker in assessing the extent of gender sensitivity in development approaches and the level of investment, engage in assessment sessions and analyze the results for reporting.
- Orient CO and project staff on workplace-related gender issues in collaboration with the Learning Manager.
- Together with CO-colleagues, especially with Communication Specialist, actively engage in identifying and developing news articles, media products and advocacy materials to advance policy messages for gender equality.
- To provide support in improving the CO’s programmatic monitoring tools, such as the Quarterly Monitoring Report – Internal Project Assurance Report (QMR-IPAR).
3. Partnership development
- To ensure partnerships to promote gender equality as defined in the country office Gender Equality Strategy are implemented with government, gender machinery, key line ministries and civil society organizations (in particular women’s organizations).
- Strengthen the gender dimension of inter-‐agency activities and promote gender networking between government, development partners, UN agencies, civil society organizations and private sector partners.
- Promote collaborative work across the practice areas, and support them towards the promotion of gender equality, women’s empowerment and enhancing their effectiveness to achieve the other development goals.
4.Gender sensitive results management and Reporting
- Coordinate and supervise the programme level reporting (Results Oriented Annual Report/ROAR) and assist in coordinating CO input to the corporate system including updating the CPD Outcome Indicators and the Strategic Plan’s Integrated Results and Resources Framework (IRRF).
- To ensure the CO’s reports provide adequate and concise information on progress on the country office work on gender and reflect all gender transformative results as part of ROAR.
- Provision of advice and support to the corporate mid-term and annual programme level reporting (Country Programme Development Monitoring Dashboard and Integrated Working Plan/IWP).
- In coordination with Quality Result and Assurance Unit, monitor and coordinate project evaluation, reviewing past evaluation and ROAR’s in order to identify lessons learned and advising Programme accordingly.
Impact of Results
Promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment are important human rights principles, development goals and effective means to achieve other development goals such as SDGs.
The incumbent also will assist CO to produce high quality report, as the most effective showcase to external stakeholders on progress made and impacts delivered. The incumbent will be the key player to contribute to UNDP’s strategic positioning. Results are also expected to serve as important inputs to UNDP’s work at the regional and global level.
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Preparing information for advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP’s mandate
- Advocacy skills to promote gender equality approach, to achieve the UNDP gender equality agenda or national gender equality agenda with internal and external partner.
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Promoting gender equality accountability framework and gender equality result based management in Country Office i.e. Performance evaluation , gender marker, reporting, etc.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining a network of contacts
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Enhancing processes or products
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Promoting organizational learning and knowledge sharing in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrated interest in women’s empowerment and gender quality
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Preparing information for global advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Effective leadership and coordination of management for gender equality results based on team work, gender focal team setting, goal setting including development of gender action plan
Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
Masters’ Degree in gender studies, social science, law, business administration, economics, population studies or related discipline. Academic knowledge in relation to gender and social inclusion will be an added advantage but it is not a requirement
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience for candidate with Master Degree or 6 years for candidate with Bachelor degree at the national level with the programmes which had gender equality, women’s empowerment results or had integrated gender equality and women’s empowerment in the programme/project design and other results-based management (RBM) frameworks.
- Proven experience in the design, management, monitoring and evaluation of development projects, establishing relationships among international organizations and national governments.
- Experience in research on gender equality issues
- Demonstrated experience in successful programme management.
- Excellent analytical skill and advance computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Good inter-personal and team building skills.
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply . All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy
announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2018-10-03