Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) | Ethiopia
Term of Employment: Indefinite, based on Probation Period performance
Basic Salary: As per the organisation scale **
Lead the process of new programme development and design including preparation of concept notes and proposals.
• Take the lead role in conceptualizing, designing and development of new programmes in line with How Concern Understands Extreme Poverty
• Lead programme teams and various stakeholders in programme and proposal development processes.
• Develop effective linkages with Government, donors, strategic networks and partners to ensure Concern’s programmes are highly relevant to the wider development.
• Ensure organisational approaches such as equality, risk and vulnerability and accountability are addressed in programme design and implementation approaches.
Ensure a comprehensive funding strategy in place and meet organisational funding targets to effectively support delivery of development programmes. Including, but not limited to:
• Researching and analysing donor funding priorities as well as keeping informed on available funding opportunities in the various sectors and geographical areas of Concern’s programming in Ethiopia.
• Formulation of short, medium and long term funding strategy for programmes in consultation with the Senior Management Team and headquarters.
• Ensuring submission of high quality proposals to meet the funding requirements of development programmes
Provide strategic guidance and management of teams for effective implementation of development programmes
• Ensure that all programme implementation is guided by result based management principles and have effective planning and implementation review processes in place.
• Line manage programme managers and area coordinators ensuring performance objectives are aligned to programme delivery and are achieved.
• Lead on resource planning for development programmes including assisting in HR planning, recruitment and staff development.
• Coordinate the programme activities across programmes, sectors and approaches; coaching staff and ensuring complementary approaches.
• Manage budgets and resources in line with organisational procedures; this includes, preparation of programme budgets collaboratively with programme and finance staff and tracking programme expenditure through monthly management and quarterly financial review.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
• Ensure programme M&E system is in line with organisational guidelines and programme design.
• Liaise with PQU to ensure M&E of Concern Ethiopia development programs is in line with Concern M&E policy.
• Undertake regular monitoring visits to programme areas and provide feedback to programme staff and management.
• Identify areas of learning and good practice, sharing with internal and external stakeholders.
Donor and Grant Management
• Track programme implementation progress, programme context and provide regular updates to Country Director and SMT.
• Coordinate with programme managers, finance and support departments to ensure timely grant utilisation and compliance with donor requirements.
• Develop an annual reporting calendar for development programmes and lead in ensuring that good quality reports are submitted in line with donor requirements.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, provide effective leadership to the organisation. Including, but not limited to:
• Active participation in Senior Management meetings, contributing significantly to decisions on policy and strategic direction.
• Ensuring that the policies and strategies of Concern Worldwide are incorporated in our work as well as proposing, updating and implementing changes to existing policies and strategies within Ethiopia programme.
• Active contribution in following up Country Strategic Plan elaboration and implementation
This is a national position. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ethiopia at the time of application
Education & Qualifications Required:
ü Relevant Master’s degree qualification (agriculture, social science, health, economics, rural development etc.)
ü A minimum of 5 years senior management level experience with an INGO in development programming.
ü Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation techniques, accountability to beneficiaries and mainstreaming
ü Excellent management/leadership experience
ü Proven record in proposal development and resource mobilisation
ü Strong financial management
ü Good experience in networking, team building and mentoring
ü Strong staff management and development skills including Training, coaching and mentoring skills and ability to motivate and develop skills of others
All applications should be submitted through www.ethiojobs.net. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Concern Ethiopia, Human Resource Department,
P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa. **
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
***Concern is committed to transparency and accountability in all of our work.* Contact us if you have any questions.** **
Concern Worldwide: Working with the world's poorest people to transform their lives
Concern Worldwide is a member of Alliance2015 www.alliance2015.org
Please consider the environment before printing this email
‘Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647, registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
This electronic message and any attached files are a confidential communication and are intended only for the addressee indicated in the message (or the person duly authorised to be responsible for the delivery of the message to such addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this communication or have received it in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please note that any views, opinions or advice contained in this communication are those of the sending individual and not necessarily those of Concern. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately at: Concern, 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin. 2, Ireland, Tel: +353 (1) 4177700, Website: http://www.concern.net. **