Voluntary Assistant (Monitoring and Evaluation) | Manila | Philippines 1
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: College student of any mass communications, statistics, math and business administration related course, preferably Bachelor's/ College degree in Statistics, Mass Communications, Math, and Business Administration/Management. Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Experience: No work experience is required.
- Knowledge and Skills: Preferably with intermediate skills in MS Excel and MS Word. Has the ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Language: Good written and oral skills in both English and Filipino.
The Voluntary Assistant (Monitoring and Evaluation) will be reporting to the Programme Officer (M&E, VAM, Gender) or delegated Officer-in-charge.
To assist the Support Cell in administrative work, translation of questions, and basic data cleaning and analysis.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Organize master list of beneficiaries and other reports received by the unit.
- Translate questionnaires from English to Filipino.
- Conduct basic data cleaning and check data for inconsistencies.
- Develop or revise questionnaires as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
The Voluntary Assistant must have intermediate knowledge on MS excel and has an initiative to perform duties to ensure good output according to schedule.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Vacancy is open until 05 October 2018, 11:59pm only.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Organization: UN WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Manila (Philippines)
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-10-05