Grants and Contracts Manager (Lima, Peru)
Peru (United States of America)
**Click link for Spanish version:
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact is recruiting for a Grants and Contracts Manager for an upcoming USAID-funded project, Amazonian Indigenous Rights and Resources (AIRR), that will work across the Amazon Basin in Brazil, Colombia, Guyana, Peru, and Suriname, to improve the representation of indigenous peoples in governing Amazon forests and waters.
The Grants and Contracts Manager will provide high-level grants and contracts management and administration to achieve project goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. S/he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects of related to management of subgrants and contracts. This will require close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and funder guidelines. The Grants and Contracts Manager will supervise all staff with grants and contracts functions and make frequent field visits throughout the Amazon region.
- Develop contractual documents in compliance with funder requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management team to execute quality subawards.
- Administer the full cycle of subaward management activities, from planning through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout
- Utilize Pact’s subaward management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic Navigator) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact policy.
- Oversee budget management of project’s subaward pool, and ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Ensure timely training of subgrantees, contractors, and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with funder requirements. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with partners.
- Ensure that office systems for grants administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters or to the funder as required
- Develop and update Country Office Subawards Manual in compliance with Pact HQ guidance
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Work with project staff to ensure that implementation of grants and contracts follows donor requirements
- A demonstrated track record of successfully working with indigenous peoples’ organizations and communities in the Amazon region in a role administering or supporting the management of grants to indigenous groups
- Extensive training and capacity development experience with indigenous and other underrepresented and marginalized groups in South America
- Undergraduate degree and at least five years of relevant experience
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award
- Experience drafting and managing subawards
- Knowledge of USAID and other funder rules and regulations as related to subgrants, procurement, compliance, and cost principles
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and functional proficiency in English mandatory
- Functional proficiency in Portuguese
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues, and to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
- Accounting and customer relationship management software experience; prior experience with Salesforce CRM and Serenic Navigator ERP platforms a significant advantage
- Prior experience managing USAID funded projects
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Organization: Pact World
- Location: Peru (United States of America)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Legal - Broad
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-10-31