Protection Coordinator "Nationals Only"
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
The Protection Coordinator will be responsible for supporting programme management with protection mainstreaming within the Country Office in line with NRC’s Protection Policy and global protection standards. The Protection Coordinator will work with programme and support teams to develop protection mainstreaming tools and guidance to ensure protection is integrated within programme cycle management and will support staff and contractor capacity building through trainings and awareness raising sessions on minimum protection standards.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Management of support team.
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Support the implementation of NRC’s Protection Policy and global protection mainstreaming standards within Country Office through working with programme management.
- Develop protection mainstreaming tools and guidance and continually update protection mainstreaming action plans to ensure integrated and safe programming.
- Support the training, capacity building and mentoring of field staff and awareness raising of non-staff (contractors and incentive labour) on minimum protection standards
- Produce regular context analysis updates on key protection trends and contribute to programme development discussions.
- Develop strong working relationships at the Amman and field level with external protection actors and referral partners. Represent NRC at the field level in protection coordination meetings
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate holds a bachelors in a related field. Must have a minimum of five years of experience with a minimum of two years of experience in protection within a humanitarian context. We are looking for someone that will be able to handle high workload with minimum supervision. The successful applicant must have the capacity to create policies & material related to their field of work.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyse data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Contract period: Through to 31st December 2018 (Renewable based on performance & funding)
Salary/benefits: 2227JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
To review the Job Description, please download it by clicking on the "Job Description" hyperlink showed below under the related documents field.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: amman
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Managerial positions
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2019-02-15