NPO Data Manager
Technical assistance will be deployed to the Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC) to strengthen data management capacity. The incumbent will work closely with identified NCDC staff to facilitate institutional capacity building during a one year period. The main objectives of the post are to\: a) ensure availability of quality, timely and complete information that guides the surveillance and immunization program, b) monitor achievement of recommended surveillance performance indicators for key priority diseases of public health priority as highlighted in Nigeriaâs Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy, c) provide evidence through triangulation of different sets available to guide programmatic interventions appropriately, d) build capacity of NCDC staff in data management through formal and on-job training.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the EPI Cluster Lead and direct supervision of the Technical Officer (Data Manager), the incumbent will conduct the following specific tasks\:
- Design and maintain all disease surveillance (Measles, Neonatal Tetanus, Yellow Fever) databases for priority diseases.
- Support implementation of eIDSR pilot project and document the best practices for further scale up to other states..
- Monitor timeliness, completeness, data quality as well as other IDSR indicators and provide timely feedback to the states.
- Ensure quality and timely IDSR data/information is shared with all stakeholders.
- Triangulation, analysis and feedback of data collected using case-based and IDSR system for selected case-based data sets
- Collaborate with other data managers and laboratories to update and harmonize IDSR data.
- Produce periodic (weekly, monthly and quarterly) analysis feedback including regular Accelerated Disease Control (ADC) surveillance data to enhance decision making at relevant levels.
- Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers.
- Support data management during outbreaks and other public health events and ensure harmonization of such data with IDSR database where applicable.
- Support the design and implementation of ODK-based IDSR data collection.
Fostering integration and teamwork
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Communicating in a credible and efficient way
Essential\: Bachelorâs Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation or data management related field with additional data management training.
- At least 2 yearsâ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Experience in database development.
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (ArcGIS, QGIS etc)
- Basic knowledge of ICT, programming, mobile and web based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background