Gender and Program Quality Coordinator
Dili (Timor-Leste) | Timor-Leste
A unique opportunity for a driven Gender and Program Quality Coordinator (GPQC) to join the Gender and Program Quality (GPQ) Unit based in Timor-Leste. The role is responsible for the leadership and management of the unit.
The role has a particular focus on gender equality and women’s empowerment, which includes robust Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and impact measurement, effective partnerships and advocacy.
• Lead the Gender and Program Quality team and wider country program teams and provide strategic and technical advice to program and project managers.
• Foster and organise collaboration within the project and GPQ teams to gather and analyse evidence and learning
• Provide senior level gender advice and support to project teams, partners and senior management
• Lead the improvement of program and project quality across all parts of the organisation
• Be the focal point on strengthening partnerships, and contribute to developing a strategy for Private Sector Engagement
• Direct staff management and capacity development of the GPQ team (PQ Deputy Project Manager, Gender Deputy Project Manager, and GPQ Officer), and wider gender equality and MEL teams
• Review and write project proposals to assist the senior management in program development
Ideally you will have
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field and significant experience and skills in the management of people and development programming
• Technical knowledge and experience in the implementation of transformative gender approaches, complex gender analysis and advocacy related to gender issues
• High level strategic thinking and experience in the design, development and implementation of program strategies
• Ability to design and develop monitoring and evaluation systems
• Ability to create and sustain long term partnerships including with other development actors
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building and skills-transfer to local organisations and on-the-job training for staff
• Demonstrated leadership and the ability to respond effectively to challenges, to work effectively in a small, diverse and busy team environment with minimal supervision
What we can offer you
• Access to generous leave benefits, appropriate insurance and allowances
• The opportunity to use your skills to fight poverty with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities
• A range of creative solutions offered that may be negotiated where possible, on a case-by-case basis, to help you balance work with life
CARE Australia is committed to Child Protection and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. Applicants are advised that appointment will be subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
Want to know more about the role?
To obtain the Candidate Information Pack, please copy and paste the following link in your browser: www.care.org.au/gender_program_quality_coordinator
Questions about the role?
Please contact Peter Raynes, Country Director Timor-Leste via Peter.Raynes@careint.org (please do not email applications to this address).
To apply for a job with CARE Australia, please review the Candidate Information Pack and complete the online application form linked to the relevant vacancy on our careers page (http://www.care.org.au/careers).
Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter at the bottom of our application form before clicking ‘Apply Now’. Once you have submitted your application you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt.
Applications Close: 12:01 am (AEDT), Monday 22 October 2018