Protection Program Manager
Bunia (Congo Democratic) | democratic republic of the congo
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a Protection Program Manager for our office in Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo. We have the opportunity to serve the people of the Democratic Republic of the Congo by bringing them physical aid, but most importantly, spiritual aid through sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Serving on the Protection Program team, you will be responsible for all matters related to the development and management of all the Protection programs of Samaritan's Purse in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). This is vital as we believe through excellence in our work, people will see Christ at work.
The individual serving as the Protection Program Manager will be managing all project activities and staff, building the capacity of staff, preparing and submitting reports, ensuring budget compliance, networking with government agencies, UN agencies, donors and other NGOs in the Protection field, as well as regularly reporting to the Senior Program Manager (SPM).
Description of Job duties:
- Actively seek new Protection funding opportunities, develop relevant concept notes and proposals in coordination with the Program Development Officer (PDO) and SPM.
- Work with HR and SPM to hire and train Protection project staff. Develop job descriptions and organize orientation for new protection staff.
- Oversee the implementation of Protection project activities, coordinate with the MOH, manage budgets, compile regular reports (both internal and external), assist with HR issues and other program challenges, coordinate with relevant partners and appropriate Samaritan's Purse entities, etc.
- Implement programming within the organizational guidelines of Samaritan's Purse.
- Strengthen Church-Based Protection Committees set up by Samaritan's Purse DRC, and document lessons learned.
- Ensure the mainstreaming of Protection and gender into all Samaritan's Purse DRC program activities.
- Advise the organization and lead the expansion process of Protection programming.
- In conjunction with Supply Chain staff, assume responsibility for procurement and inventory of assets, and ensure timely delivery of project materials.
- Ensure the completion of timely reports to appropriate agencies and partners.
- Actively participate in Protection coordination mechanisms, including Protection Cluster, SGBV WG, and Child Protection Working Group.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Advanced degree in a related field or 3-5 years related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven understanding of protection needs in a developing country, context preferred. Program Management experience, recent experience in a resource poor setting.
- Experience in working with international donor agencies.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Professional French or Swahili proficiency highly desired
Two year contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year