Logistics Assistant- IT and Assets
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for an IT and Assets Assistant supports the day to day management of IT in the Cox’s Bazar office, proactively managing issues and responding to user needs in relation to IT hardware and software. He / she also supports the management of all assets for DRC Bangladesh. About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened up a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
- Support the management of IT and Assets in line with the DRC Operations Handbook.
- Provide day to day support for DRC staff on IT related issues and questions, hardware and software trouble shooting and ensuring infrastructure protection from viruses. Update and respond to the register of IT support requests, prioritise tasks and execute weekly workplans.
- Support inductions for newly arrived staff, and ensure staff are aware of IT, email, internet, social media and data protection policies and procedures.
- Format and install drivers and relevant software for new laptops and desktops, making sure only authentic software is installed.
- Administrate user profile system (Office365) and provide support to staff as requested.
- Support access for staff to IT facilities at field sites, as appropriate to the context.
- Service and maintain DRC printers and other IT hardware. Keep track of IT related supplies (software, anti-virus, equipment etc) and request procurements as stock is used up.
- Support the back up of systems for critical DRC data.
- Support the tracking of software licenses and users, and confirming with HR prior to staff exit from DRC that software access has been handed back over to DRC and accounts closed as appropriate.
- Support the management of assets in DRC Bangladesh, ensuring that IT and other assets are issued to users as authorised, tracked appropriately, returned, and accurately recorded on the Asset Register. Participate in asset verification exercises on a bi-annual basis, and manage the disposal and donation of redundant assets in line with DRC / donor policies.
- The responsibilities listed in this Job Description are not exhaustive and may be adjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- 1-2 years experience with IT service provision /support
- Experience in setting up servers, routers and networks, and with maintaining printers and other IT hardware
- Previous experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 is preferred
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
Degree in Information Technology or related field
- English, fluent
- Bengali, fluent
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: Up to 31 December
Salary: BDT 39,530/-
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Bangladesh
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English with two reference details (one has to be from your present or previous supervisor & one from your colleagues if you are experienced). Applications must be submitted through the below link by clicking apply. Applications submitted by email will not be considered. Please don’t submit hard copy. Hard copy is not allowed.
Closing date for applications: 15/10/2018 Interviews will be held on a rolling basis