Local Consultant for Judicial IT systems (two positions)
UNDP Montenegro has been actively cooperating with the Ministry of Justice of Montenegro since 2004 in the implementation of several projects in the area of the rule of law reform, funded by different donors (Kingdom of Norway, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, UN funds, etc.). Furthermore, UNDP Montenegro has been supporting the Ministry of Justice in the creation and realization of the key strategic documents, including the Strategy and Action plan for the reform of judiciary (2007-2012 and 2014-2018) and Action Plans for the implementation of measures defined by the Chapters 23 and 24 as well as support to development of ICT Strategy for Judiciary 2016-2020.
UNDP is supporting the Country in improving the efficiency of Justice system through the use of ICT. This Project is supported by the Kingdom of Norway and will support implementation of the Strategy for the Information-Communication Technologies for the Justice System for the period 2016-2020. This Strategy envisages continuity and extension of the scope of application of the information-communication technologies, through establishment of a user-friendly judicial information system, which should contribute to the strengthening of administrative capacities of the justice system, increasing its efficiency in providing data and services to the institutions and citizens, and in ensuring more efficient cooperation with other justice systems, EU institutions, institutions of EU Member States and international organizations.
The interventions proposed with this action are highly relevant in the current Montenegro context as they: (i) Further the EU Integration process; (ii) build on recent project interventions; (iii) enhance the status and coverage of the current Judicial information system for better statistical analysis; (iv) introduce improvements to the ICT Infrastructure and (iv) support the implementation of the ICT Strategic framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objectives of the assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to support the Ministry of Justice to implement Action plan for Implementation of ICT Strategy for Justice 2016-2020. This involves analysis, development, testing, maintenance of various systems foreseen by the action plan, as well as training of end-users. Main systems consultants will work on:
- Court sub-system
- Prisons sub-system
- Business Inteligence system
- Ministry of Justice sub-system
Under the supervision of the UNDP Project Manager and Director of the Directorate for ICT of the Judiciary and Data Security the local consultants will perform the following tasks:
- Familiarization and analysis of business process in existing systems;
- Participate in development of this systems;
- Participate in reporting from existing/new systems;
- Participate in maintenance of existing/new systems;
- Train end users for use of different systems;
- Prepare final report on the achieved results;
- Prepare monthly progress reports;
- Perform other relevant tasks upon request of the UNDP Project Manager and Director of the Directorate for ICT of the Judiciary and Data Security.
The expected results:
- All mentioned systems developed and operational
- Final report on the achieved results.
Timing and reporting: The local consultants will work under direct supervision of UNDP Project Manager and Director of the Directorate for ICT of the Judiciary and Data Security. They will be obliged to provide monthly reports on the respective deliverables during the assignment.
Time duration and travel: The local consultants will be engaged in the period from 1st November 2018 until 30th September 2020. The consultants will be placed at the premises of the Ministry of Justice and work during their working hours.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UN/UNDP/Ministry of Justice;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Excellent communication skills, facility in working with teams and capacity to compose clear and readable narrative reports;
- Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree, in computer science, mathematics or electronics or a sector relevant for implementation of this contract;
- Minimum one year of working experience in the relevant field;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft office
- Database development, sql, programming languages, metadata, web services, XML is considered an advantage;
Criteria for selection:
Combined Scoring method will be used. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the inidividual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: (i) responsive, compliant, acceptable, and (ii) having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical criteria weight - 70% (Background and education 10%; Relevant previous experience 20%; Substantial knowledge/Required competencies 30%; Required language 10%);
- Financial criteria weight - 30%.
Only offerors obtaining a minimum 490 points for technical criteria will be considered for the financial evaluation. For more information on procurement methodology for Individual Contractors, please refer to Procurement Notice.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications by October 23, 2018 by using the Apply now button. The application should contain CV or P11 that can be downloaded at http://www.me.undp.org/content/montenegro/en/home/operations/jobs.html. Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into a single file.
Only the short-listed applicants will be contacted and requested to submit a letter of interest including a price quotation indicating the lump sum (in EUR) requested for the work envisaged in the section "Description of Responsibilities".