Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day management and supervision of the project ensuring that the expected outputs are completed on time and they comply with specific project criteria and quality requirements;
- Mobilization of goods and services to initiative activities, including drafting TORs and work specifications for experts and lead experts’ recruitment processes, oversee procurement processes and technical evaluations;
- Monitoring of financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Organization and supervision the workshops and trainings needed during the project;
- Contribution to the staff and stakeholders learning and knowledge management;
- Liaising with the Project Executive Board to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project;
- Identification and obtaining of support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project;
- Ensuring visibility of project results, and of all relevant partners, in line with UNDP rules and requirements.
- Development of annual work plans with assistance of Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) and finance assistant;
- Tracking of financial expenditures and preparation of budget revisions;
- Maintaining issues and risk log, as well as tracking progress against indicators and targets of the project Results and Resources Framework and adjust it in accordance with corporate requirements and local needs;
- Developing of the annual procurement plans, participate in selection of contractors and supervise their work with assistance of the CTA and Procurement Assistant;
- Preparation of the Letters of Agreements (LoAs) with national counterparts/responsible parties and supervision of their execution with assistance of CTA, Finance Assistant and Procurement Assistant;
- Preparation of the Annual Work Plan and Quarterly Plans, if required;
- Contribution to the development of inception report, annual progress reports and terminal report;
- Contribution to the mid-term and terminal evaluation of the project in terms of management responses;
- Provision of on-demand advise to the UNDP management and Environment and Energy Team Leader, National Project Director and relevant government counterparts on project related issues;
- Documenting lessons from project implementation and making recommendations to the Project Board for more effective implementation and coordination of project activities;
- Readiness to perform other relevant duties as required.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Ability to manage conflicts at workplace and with partners/stakeholders;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets;
- Good ICT skills;
- Oral, communications and presentation skills and competence in handling project’s external relations at all levels.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (at least M.Sc. or equivalent – minimum qualification criterion) in the area of Environmental Science, National Resources Management, Water Resources Management, Climatology, Hydrology, Hydrometeorology or other relevant fields
- At least 5 years of (managerial or consultancy) experience (minimum qualification criterion) in any of following fields: Climate Risk Reduction (CRM)/Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), climatology, hydrometeorology, EWS;
- At least 5 years of experience (minimum qualification criterion) in project management;
- Demonstrated experience in working with/for International Development Organizations and in particular UNDP;
- Knowledge and understanding of CCA and CRM context of Georgia.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Georgian and English;
- Experienced and advanced user of computers and office software packages.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Tbilisi (Georgia)
- Grade: SB-4 (SC8/SC9), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-10-25