Information Communications Technology (ICT) Intern (2 Interns required)
The UNDP internship programme offers an outstanding graduate - level student the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNDP's work with the objective of deepening his/her knowledge and understanding of UNDP’s goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. You will be a part of the global network where you will get specific tasks and responsibilities. You will gain first-hand experience and understanding of the decision-making processes in one of the world’s biggest multilateral organizations. It is expected that your will show initiative and apply your talent to implement new ICT solutions in a practical manner.
UNDP Kuwait is looking for an Information Communications Technology (ICT) Intern supervised by the ICT Associate/ Operations Manager. Students from ICT or similar discipline are welcome to apply, and depending on qualifications, shall be selected for internships. Internships will allow the successful candidates to have the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural international organization. The main objective of this ICT internship is to improve the ICT units’ capacity in providing end user support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the daily on-site support on the usage of software and hardware to the end-users;
- Assists on network infrastructure administration, updating network asset and diagram;
- Assists with web content management and corporate website platform;
- Assists on ICT assets management and record keeping;
- Assists on running unified communication system and setting-up video conference meetings;
- Assists and gain knowledge on all aspects of SharePoint site development, including requirements gathering, creation of new sites and data input;
- Helps to ensure that information and communication technology (ICT) equipment is in good working condition and assists with maintenance and minor repairs;
- Gain competency in the maintenance of inventory records of computer hardware and software;
- Undertake any other task as determined by the office.
Impact of Results
- Work must be conducted with a high quality and accuracy. The key results have an impact on the efficient UNDP office work and overall end user satisfaction.
- Demonstrates keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Able to communicate effectively with the ability to work independently and in a team;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and experience.
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) in Social Sciences, Communications, or related field and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Knowledge and a user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
- Experience in managing and updating website content.
- Knowledge with network design and network monitoring systems;
- Fluency in English and Arabic language both written and oral
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of: The nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or the intern, who must obtain financing for subsistence through private sources;
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern;
- Applicants for internships must show proof of valid medical insurance for the duty station in which they will intern. For applicants, which are neither nationals or residents of the duty station, the insurance must include adequate coverage in the event of an injury or illness during the internship duration which;
- Requires transportation to the home country or country of residence for further treatment;
- Results in death and requires preparation and return of the remains to the home country, or country of residence.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal;
- effects that may occur during the internship;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.