The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Corporate Services - Buildings and Logistics Department - Buildings Management Office Division - Quality Assurance, Systems & Reporting Unit
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st March 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The BLD Management Office Division (BMO) is in charge of horizontal activities, which support the Buildings & Logistics Department (BLD) operational units in the area of budgeting, monthly accrual control, invoicing control and approvals, quality assurance, contract management and monitoring.
Within the Division, you will gain valuable experience in procurement, contract implementation and management, in line with EIB’s policies and procedures, as well as deepen your knowledge in EU procurement and processes.
Your main tasks will include:
- Supporting the implementation, follow-up and monitoring of the BLD framework contracts (services and works) in liaison with a small dedicated team;
- Organising operational and logistical aspects related to the framework contracts (mini-competitions, interviews, assessment of tenders, meetings (agendas and minutes), electronic and hard copy archiving;
- Assisting the accurate preparation, finalisation and distribution of presentations and/or reports, proof reading and formatting documents when necessary.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or university degree in business administration, procurement or contract management;
- Good knowledge of EU procurement regulations and practices;
- Good knowledge in public procurement / contract management would be an advantage;
- Knowledge in the domain of facilities management, construction, project management would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is the 11/11/2018.
More information on our EIB Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/student-jobs/index.htm