Consultancy - Communication and Outreach Specialist - ITCD/ECM, NYHQ
New York City (United States of America)
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the ECM project by managing internal stakeholder engagement and communication with a focus on change management and advocacy with field office staff. The incumbent will report to Ms. Carrie Stevenson, ECM Senior Project Manager The duration of the contract is 6 months.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is a formalized means of organizing and storing an organization's documents, and other content, that relate to the organization's processes. Using the latest digital technologies, the ECM project aims to bring UNICEF into a modern and sustainable work environment through four key project streams; implementing the digital workplace in offices, releasing the document management system, managing and digitizing UNICEF’s Archives, and improve the organization’s information governance framework.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the ECM project by managing internal stakeholder engagement and communication with a focus on change management and advocacy with field office staff.
The incumbent will report to Ms. Carrie Stevenson, ECM Senior Project Manager. This contract will be for a period of 6 months.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders in all offices for the ECM project, including through the ECM project governance mechanisms and bodies.
- Identify, arrange and manage opportunities for key project staff to interact with stakeholders.
- Update and execute the project’s communication and stakeholder engagement plans in line with and in support of the ECM project change management strategy and roll-out plan. Utilize an appropriate mix of communication and engagement channels to interact with and gather feedback from UNICEF Staff.
- Work with stakeholders to understand pain points and identify reasons for lack of engagement or adoption of ECM products and services; identify suitable responses and potential countermeasures.
- Draft and publish project communications in various formats (e.g. reports, presentations and videos, FAQs); review materials produced by ECM project team members to ensure alignment with the overall messaging framework and effective communication
- Draft and publish training and outreach materials.
- Maintain the project’s communication site and manage the Yammer project hub group as well as the project’s generic email address.
- Support other ECM tasks at the discretion of the ECM Project Manager
- Updated communication and stakeholder engagement plans and related communication and training materials.
- Create and maintain a list of upcoming engagement opportunities for key project staff.
- Quarterly project reports, ICON stories and other assets to communicate project status updates to stakeholders; minutes of meetings from project governance bodies.
- Maintain Up-to-date content on the ECM communication site and in the Yammer project hub.
- Timely response or follow-up to questions and requests coming in through the generic project email address and the Yammer project hub
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in communications, international relations or another relevant field.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with (2) additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas: communications or advocacy, of which at least three (3) years at the international level
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to present highly complex arguments, information and ideas in an easy to understand and memorable fashion.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Fluency in English (verbal and written) required, and a working knowledge of Spanish and or French is a plus (Working language is English).
Travel is not required.
Each applicant will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant or vendor whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.