Administrative Associate (for Georgian Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Compliant to the United Nations Partnership for Sustainable Development Framework (2016-2020) signed with the government of Georgia, Agenda 2030 and Georgia nationalized SDGs, CEDAW Concluding Observations to Georgia (July 2014) and the Beijing Platform for Action, UN SCR Resolutions1325 and follow up resolutions on women, peace and security, the national gender equality policy priorities and UN Women Strategic Plan 2018-2021, UN Women Georgia aims to support the government and CSO partners to advance GEWE through sustainable and holistic interventions on policy, institutions, and grassroots’ levels; thematic areas covered include: of women’s economic empowerment (WEE), ending violence against women and girls (EVAWG), and women, peace and security(WPS). The overarching goal of UNW Georgia SN (2016-2020) is to achieve sustainable empowerment of women and girls towards a gender equal society. Work towards the achievement of this overarching goal is important in terms of accelerating Georgia’s ambitions to get closer to the EU, and strengthen governance, democracy, rule of law and respect for human rights as key pre-conditions for Euro integration.
Reporting to Operations Manager, the Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. S/he works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Effective and efficient functioning of the office:
- Efficiently manage UN Women Country Representative schedules;
- Organize regular and ad-hoc meetings; prepare minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; track progress and follow up on planned issues;
- Review all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for CR’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible;
- Ensure adherence of appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by team when communicating with Government and other external partners;
- Use of automated office management system.
Effective communications and administrative support to the office Managing:
- Maintain filing system by ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Coordinate the information flow in the office and disseminate corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required;
- Facilitate information sharing among UN Women CO Staff and Project personnel;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments, actions taken and coordinate collection and submission of the reports to the Country Representative;
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Ensure administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of Country Representative.
- Maintain CO staff status reports, best practices, lessons learned;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Administrative support services:
- Arrange travel and prepare travel authorization and all related requirements (visas, required clearances, immunization requirements);
- Arrange purchase of and ensure timely and appropriate distribution office of equipment and supplies.
- Liaise with UNDP and other partners in the country to ensure utilization of LTAs and vendor agreements, including the use of courier services to ensure cost effective arrangements;
- Execute all necessary arrangements to ensure efficient office space allocation and all related services;
- Arrange and oversee building maintenance, movement and repair of furniture and other assets;
- Coordinate and/or manage all administrative services for events and workshops including arranging venue, travel and hotel reservations. Process visa, identity cards and other documents.
Support to the administration of procurement services:
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures, administer receipt of quotations, bids, proposals ensuring accuracy of information/data and compliance with UN Women regulations, rules, policies and procedures;
- Prepare purchase orders and contracts in and outside ATLAS and ensure timely dispatch of purchase orders;
- Create and maintain vendor profiles in ATLAS;
- Perform buyer role in Atlas for goods and services;
- Perform timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Process payment of contracts and agreements with the required support documentation and certifications;
Support to the administration of human resources:
- Verify compliance of draft job descriptions with office UN Women standards;
- Prepare vacancy announcements, advertise posts, compile matrixes and perform functions of Secretary in interview panels;
- Introduce and revise vendor information in ATLAS;
- Prepare Contracts IC & SCs in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Record staff attendance and consolidate staff leave plans;
- Consolidate staff/office learning plans;
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table;
- Update CO rosters;
- Maintain proper filing system for HR records and documents in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Facilitation of knowledge building and management:
- Participate in the organization of trainings for office staff on program and operations related issues;
- Contribute to the collection and sharing of best practices in program, financial services and administration to support training of administrative staff.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost-effective manner;
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
The application consisting of a CV, cover letter, and P11 form should be submitted electronically.
P11 form can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment
Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.