Programme Associate- Gender Responsive Governance ( Only Bangladeshi Nationals are eligible to apply)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Bangladesh has been providing capacity development support and technical assistance to the Government of Bangladesh on Gender Responsive Governance issues, including by integrating CEDAW Concluding Observations and gender equality commitments of the SDGs into the national and sectoral planning and budgeting mechanism. UN Women Bangladesh is aimed to extend technical assistance to the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics to implement a joint project with the government on Gender Statistics titled “Making Every Women and Girls Count”.
Under supervision of the Programme Analyst, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the Bangladesh Country Office and UN Women HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of Gender Responsive Governance Programme:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the Bangladesh CO and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the Bangladesh CO website;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers;
- Provide any other support to implementing partners, including liaising, coordinating and communicating programme activities, disbursement of payment through the FACE form, reviewing reports and following up as necessary;
- Monitor schedule of implementation of project activities and budgets and expenditures. Raise issues with Programme Analyst when necessary;
- Gather and integrate data on Programmes into system;
2. Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Gender Responsive Governance Programme:
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas;
3. Provide administrative support to implement Gender Responsive Governance Programme:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the coordination with HQ, RO on system approvals and submission of reports;
4. Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization for Gender Responsive Governance Programme:
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the Bangladesh CO resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Bangladesh CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents, including RMS, ATLAS, LEADS, DAMES and Gate;
5. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing of Gender Responsive Governance Programme:
- Provide administrative support, synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues;
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems;
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Bangla is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment;
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.