Education Project Manager- South (Lebanese National) - Lebanon
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role Summary:
The Education Project Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Education programme by following NRC’s routines and guidelines for governance in terms of education projects and related advocacy and coordination work to achieve its expected results in Lebanon.
- Line manage all related Education programme staff.
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area, and Programme strategies; and initiate and participate in the development of relevant Education projects.
- Coordinate and manage Education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Line Manager and the Education Specialist.
- Ensure that the projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget and coordinate across the other Programmes.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Receive the referral information related to protection cases on a monthly basis from the related focal points and take proper actions to ensure that the referral system is functioning to the best interest of beneficiaries as per NRC referral’s procedures.
- Assess trends and changes in the context and assess needs of children and youth in order to identify gaps in education service provision and identify ways to better assist refugees.
- Contribute to the development of the NRC education strategy and macro-log frame, theories of change, and NRC education work-plan and ensure they link to other Core Competencies.
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing and completed education projects, using amongst others NRC evaluation tools and the education indicator matrix.
- Manage and coordinate outreach activities for the Back to School Campaign and Ministry led Accelerated Learning Program in close cooperation with UNICEF and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Develop and follow up on detailed project work plans, procurement plans, spending plans, M&E plan and recruitment plan for all education related projects in the South
- Liaise with local authorities, such as the regional Ministry of Education and municipalities, on NRC education projects and activities.
- Conduct regular spot-checks and monitoring visits to NRC learning centres.
- Report on a monthly basis to the Area Manager and finance manager on implementation progress and challenges and on budget expenditure in education programming in the South.
- Represent NRC to internal and external fora, such as the education partner meeting, and to authorities such as local ministries and relevant municipalities.
- Education Specialist
- Education Programme Roving Adviser
- Area programmes and support staff
- Other Programmes Project Managers/Coordinators in the South
1. Professional Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from working in a managerial relevant role preferably within a humanitarian/recovery context
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in education programming
- Experience in youth education programming is a plus
- Experience with accelerated learning/catch-up programs
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
2. Behavioral Competencies:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments