Consultancy – Research Assistant – Monitoring and Evaluation (Eastern and Central Kenya Region)
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Consultancy – Research Assistant – Monitoring and Evaluation (Eastern and Central Kenya Region) Background:
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a consultant for a UKAid- funded project that aims to improve nutrition security and vitamin A intakes by women and young children in Central and Eastern region, Kenya. The consultant will coordinate data collection for various activities within the project while working with public and private partners. The consultant will be based in Nairobi or one of the project counties.
• Support the implementation of the Scaling Sweetpotato through Agriculture and Nutrition (SUSTAIN project) M&E plan.
• Design and implement a beneficiary tracking database system to collect and manage project data.
• Train project partners on the implementation of the monitoring system, the use of data forms and reporting formats and provide ongoing coaching support through regular site monitoring visits for quality control and timely problem solving. • Coordinate with project implementing partners to document and report qualitative data to measure gendered impacts.
• Participate in selected operational research activities and surveys. • Participate in regional M&E meetings and other program-level activities. • Document good practices, lessons learned, cross-cutting policy and implementation issues, among others.
• Contribute to preparation of research articles and scientific reports jointly with CIP staff and project research partners.
• Carry out data analysis and report writing.
• Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics, or related field. Degree in other social science or public health with strong quantitative skills will be considered.
• Additional training in M&E methodologies and quantitative and qualitative assessment methods.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a related position in an international research or development organization
• Direct experience in designing and implementing project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
• Very strong skills in statistical analysis, sampling methodology, and data collection and analysis
• Very strong English oral and written communication skills required • Ability to serve as the project liaison person for diverse implementing partners • Willingness to spend considerable time working under field conditions in rural Kenya.
Terms of Appointment: This consultancy is open to Kenyan Nationals. The consultancy contract will be for a period of five months.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities
website (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on October 26, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.