Database Designer for RRP
The UN Country Team is working on a transition programme that bridges humanitarian and stabilization activities with more long-term impact interventions. This is the Recovery and Resilience Programme (RRP). Based on a series of discussions with key interlocutors in the Government of Iraq (GOI) to identify sectors of significant importance to Iraq in shaping its post-crisis situation, the RRP covers nine inter-connected areas: Preventing Violent Extremism, Revitalizing Communities, Restoring Agriculture and Water Systems, Promoting Sustainable Returns, Decentralizing Basic Services, Supporting Survivors, Expanding Political Participation, Engaging Youth, and Promoting Community Reconciliation.
The RRP seeks to assist GOI to leverage investments in infrastructure, economic reform and reconciliation in service of social and political cohesion, improvement in quality and access to services, and broader economic and livelihood opportunities. Across all nine areas, the critical issues will be strengthening the local level of government and governance, broadening economic and livelihood opportunities with a particular focus on vulnerable families and youth.
To manage the RRP programme, a database has been created that allows for generation of reports of the RRP different projects arranged by the 9 different components.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work:
Under the direction of the RRP Coordinator at the Development Coordination Office, the selected consultant will support the design, delivery and implementation of the extended RRP database in Microsoft Access format, under the activities listed in expected outputs and deliverables.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables:
-Expand the current RRP database ( Microsoft Access) functionalities to allow for queries and reports that describe:
Allotment of each of the donor funding by project.
Allotment of funding by Pool Fund to projects and discriminated on whether that was earmarked or not (if earmarked then indicating which component)
Build at least 5 types of reports that combine and sort information around the following linea:
Projects Reports (Summary, extended, and checklist)
Resource matrix (containing crossed data from Pool Fund (earmarked and not earmarked, donors bilateral contributions, and funding gap total and discriminated by component)
Donor Funding report
- Report by each of the 4 results area
-Expand the current RRP database so that tables and forms contain fields for documentation on:
Funding (for the donors table)
Steering Committee Decisions/ Legal documents
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards (human rights, tolerance, integrity, respect, and impartiality);
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Has ability to work both independently and in a team, and ability to deliver high quality work on tight timelines.
Required Skills and Experience
Below are the minimum qualification requirements for the consultant proposed for this assignment:
- Master’s degree in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) or any other relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience.
- Microsoft certification would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in database design.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking at least three similar assignments with commendable performance/quality by the end-user.
- Experience working with international organizations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Ability to write reports in English
The detailed terms of reference and the Letter of Confirming Interest and Availability is available in the following link :
Please note you can upload only one document in the online application, therefore combine the CV and the Letter of Confirmation and Availability as one pdf before uploading.