WPE Officer - Misrata
libyan arab jamahiriya
Requisition ID: req3010
Job Title: WPE Officer - Misrata
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
1. Oversees response and preventation activities going in the women and girls safe space and provide technical support as needed.
2. Function as hands-on supervisor for daily case management and psychosocial activities.
3. Participate in the development of the case management and Psychosocial Support (PSS) tools and resources, GBV information materials, and PSS activities women and girls in target communities, and support their implementation.
4. Monitor field work and support protection staff include case workers to identify and implement timely, survivor-centered and age-appropriate case management services and psychosocial support to all clients reached by the protection and ensuring strict adherence to the GBV guiding principles.
5. Initiate, oversee and ensure proper use of the referral pathway in the provision of case management services.
6. With support from WPE senior officer , lead weekly case review meetings with case workers and case conferencing meetings on as needed basis to troubleshoot more complex cases and ensure best support for the client.
7. Advocate on behalf of clients with GBV service providers and other organizations to ensure effective referrals and increased access to services for clients in accordance with their wishes.
8. Ensure the setting up and maintaining client files and ensure all required documentation in individual case files is completed in a timely manner and according to confidentiality guidelines, GBV guiding principles and IRC standards.
9. Perform document review for completeness, accuracy, and clarity of documentation submitted by case workers.
10. Oversee data collection through GBV Information Management System (GBVIMS) and M&E tools and systems, ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality and GBV best practice principles.
11. Analyze the information about GBV incidents and clients accessing the services, and make recommendations to improve service delivery.
12. Complete weekly activity reports and develop and develop weekly and monthly activity plans
13. Support capacity building and coordination activities in IDPs community/host community , including by delivering training sessions to GBV actors on case management principles, PSS, GBV core concepts and guiding principles, etc.
14. Promote awareness of Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) programs and services offered by IRC.
15. Collaborate with and keep the WPE senior officer appraised of operational issues, staffing, resources, and program needs, and highlight any key information necessary to ensure services remain relevant to women and girls.
16. Recommend, develop and implement capacity building/development plan for program staff based on documented capacity needs assessment.
University degree in social sciences (i.e. social work, counseling, sociology, psychology, gender studies, human rights, etc.).
• At least 1 years of experience in working in the social sector, particularly with women.
• Experience supervising psychosocial programs, providing psychosocial support or case management, and/or working on gender based violence (GBV) and women’s empowerment.
• Experience supervising and supporting employees.
• Strong belief in and commitment to human rights and gender equality.
• Strong understanding of case management principles, procedures, and practices, psychosocial support and life skills programming to promote survivor healing and recovery.
• Emotional maturity and stability to resolve conflicts in non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries.
• Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
• FluentArabic; good knowledge of English.
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments;