Information Technology Support Services Specialist
Antananarivo (Madagascar) | madagascar
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) seeks an Information Technology Support Services Specialist for the 5-year USAID-funded Accessible Continuum of Care and Essential Services Sustained (ACCESS) program in Madagascar. The objective of ACCESS is to accelerate sustainable health impacts for the Malagasy people by improving access to quality health services, strengthening the functions of the health system, and promoting the adoption of healthy behaviors and social norms. ACCESS will directly support the Government of Madagascar and the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) at all levels of the health system in the design, implementation, management, and monitoring and evaluation of sustainable health services and programs to advance progress toward Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and promote the continuum of care.
The Information Technology Support Services Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide support to users of new and existing technology and the local area network (LAN/WAN). The IT Support Services Specialist works closely with the Finance Manager, country operations, and other IT staff to ensure that computer systems for the Accessible Continuum of Care and Essential Services Sustained (ACCESS) program in Madagascar are maintained to ensure a continuous flow of information on all projects systems related issues.
Must be legally authorized to work in Madagascar.
- Assist with the installation and configuration of the ACCES office networks, including voice and data.
- Work one-on-one with ACCESS employees to resolve problems with systems issues (LAN, wide area network [WAN], software, hardware, etc.), and record problems and resolutions in the helpdesk system or any computer based system.
- Maintain the “Helpdesk” system and procedure by answering and/or assigning all requests that come through and assuring the completion of all tasks.
- Regularly assess staff training needs in computer use and maintenance, and communicate the need for training activities to the ACCESS Director of Finance & Administration.
- Coordinate, Plan and Implement new IT systems into the ACCESS computer network environment as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance to ACCESS users in the development and design of ACCESS related internal and external presentations, documents, reports, etc., using ACCESS approved software.
- Customize existing installation documentation to suit new equipment types or user configuration and keep all installation documentation current.
- Travel to local vendors for parts and repairs (including equipment transfers) as needed.
- Track and manage licenses for servers and server-based software applications (adobe, Anti-virus, Microsoft O/S and Office Productivity products).
- Assist the ACCESSS Director of Finance and Administration in the management and maintenance of networks; including, but not limited to, adding new users and assigning user and supervisor rights; managing printers and their connections to the network; and working with contractors to maintain network hardware as required.
- Monitor the health of servers and other network devices (printers, routers, video conference systems) and network based services (Exchange messaging, Citrix, printing, ISP access, etc.). Troubleshoot and resolve network related problems that are low to moderately complex in nature.
- Learn configurations of all MSH standard software and maintain the applications in the MSH LAN environment.
- With the assistance of other IT staff, learn the configuration of network and assist in the maintenance of the connection to the internet, network routing, and all other internal and external network communications systems.
- Configure new and existing hardware for optimal use on SPS networks, remote access systems, and the Internet; and maintain up to date files and documentation necessary for standard installations of these configurations.
- Perform, verify and test data backup and other disaster recovery procedures to minimize loss of data.
- Liaise with the project’s Internet service providers to ensure proper functioning of the office internet connections and web server.
- Liaise with MSH Information Staff in the United States about technical matters related to information systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong experience in computer or software use and the ability to work well with various skill levels of users.
- Solid training skills.
- Extensive knowledge in administering Microsoft Windows XP operating systems, Office 2007, MS Exchange, and Outlook client.
- Extensive knowledge of Antivirus system such as Symantec End Point Security or any other antivirus system.
- Considerable knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and the understanding of the Local Area Network.
- Ability of maintain and configure WSUS for the security and patch management.
- Considerable knowledge of hardware and software configuration issues.
- Previous experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite, and other (MSH Projects) standard software (e.g. Explorer).
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and take initiative.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in French required and ability to communicate in English preferred (written and verbal). Proficiency in Malagasy is required.
- Experience in public health in Madagascar is a plus. There is no relocation available for this position.