International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 18-07 /NRS/CCCAP
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a highly competent Translator who can also handle project communication and coordination to facilitate the establishment and development of CIP- China Center for Asia Pacific (CCCAP).
About the role:
This position will be based in Beijing, China and will report to Director of CCCAP. The successful candidate will provide overall interpretation and translation support to CCCAP’s staff and maintain communication with other organizations involved in the establishment of CCCAP. Key responsibilities:
- Translate letters, presentations, reports, contracts and other written documents;
- Interpret consecutively or simultaneously (mostly whisper) for meetings between CCCAP and government agencies, project organizations and cooperation partners as well as for project workshops and trainings etc.;
- Maintain stakeholder relationship, track communication with stakeholders, coordinate relevant issues;
- Other tasked assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- GraduatedinLinguistics,Modernlanguage,TranslationStudiesorrelatedfield.Thisposition is local thus limited to Chinese nationals and permanent residents.
- At least 3 years of working experience in interpretation and translation;
- Excellentwrittenandverbalcommunicationskills inbothMandarinandEnglishareessential;
- Ability to perform simultaneous interpretation (both direction: Mandarin/ English) is a plus.
- Work experience in multicultural environment is plus;
- Interest in learning about the research industry;
- Excellent command of MS Office software tools;
- Strong independent judgment, ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated organizational and technical skills.Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP isa recent World FoodPrice Winner,and CIP hasbeen recentlyawarded the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CCCAP aims to boost root and tuber production in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond, accelerating poverty reduction and improving food security.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systemsof the developing world.
- CIPisamemberoftheCGIARConsortium,anetworkof15researchcentersthataremostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Two-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full English C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on November 10, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.