Food Security Analysis Specialist
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
Selected applicants will work under the overall guidance of the Division Director and the direct supervision of Team Leaders/Officers, working in close collaboration with other FAO Divisions, Strategic Programmes and external partners as required. When activities are carried out in member countries, applicants will be required to work in close collaboration with the FAO Representation in the relevant country of assignment, as well as the relevant FAO regional and/or sub-regional office.
Food security and Nutrition analysis in humanitarian and development contexts, capacity and technical development.
Tasks and responsibilities
The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to this area of work can include the following\:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Formal education in Agriculture, Economics, Nutrition, Statistics, Social/Political Science, Agro-finance or a closely related field.
- Consultant level B and C – advanced university degree
- PSA.SBS – university degree
- Relevant experience in in food security and vulnerability analysis, including familiarity with different methodologies and indicators\:
- Consultant level B (Expert) - at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Consultant level C/PSA.SBS - at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian. In the case of PSAs, the requirement is for working knowledge in one of the FAO official languages.
FAO Core Competencies