Administrative Assistant (Open to Egyptian Nationals and Residents only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Complementing Egypt’s 2030 Sustainable Development Strategy, the country has a 2030 National Women’s Strategy (NWS) that focuses on women’s leadership and political participation; women’s economic empowerment; women’s social empowerment; and protection of women. In addition, the 2018-2022 UN Partnership Development Framework (UNPDF) adopted a strategic approach to support women’s empowerment including a standalone outcome area. Fully aligned with the above frameworks, UN Women Egypt is strongly positioned to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment based on its past and ongoing support, including to (a) the formulation and operationalization of the NWS, (b) the evidence-based progress monitoring of the status of women in alignment with the SDGs, (c) the operationalization of the agreed conclusions of the annual Commission on the Status of Women, (d) the areas of women’s political participation and leadership, women’s economic and financial inclusion, and combatting violence against women, and (e) the creation and coordination of partnerships between Government, civil society, the women’s movement, academia, the private sector and international development partners through the Gender and Development Group, the UN Gender Theme Group and joint programming approaches from national to grass-roots level.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. S/he works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff teams to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to property management;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
2) Provide administrative support to office and assets management
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
- Maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports;
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas and prepare Purchase Orders;
- Prepare Request for Quotations, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
3) Provide efficient logistics and support services to CO
- Administration of UN Women CO Registry, Pouch and DHL services.
- Follow up on the cleaning and gardening services in UN Women CO.
- Follow up on the security services in UN Women CO.
- Preparation and follow up on the CO Drivers’ schedule and coordination of transportation services, as well as regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and fuel consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
4) Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Facilitate trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost-effective manner;
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data .
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Commerce, or related fields is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required;
- Working knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.