Technical Task Leader/ Women’s Economic Empowerment in South Caucasus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Jointly with the Programme Manager ensure that progress is made in achieving goals and objectives of the project;
- Supervise and support timely implementation of the Project activities;
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget; work towards its timely implementation with project partners and beneficiaries; monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions as necessary;
- Work towards safeguarding, monitoring and facilitating quality assurance of all the project activities as spelled out in the project document;
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using the results-based management tools; Ensure effective information flow and exchange within the team;
- Contribute to the selection of international and national consultants/companies and preparation of procurements and contracting packages in line with the work plans and UNDP rules and guidelines;
- Organize and attend field missions and draft reports on monitoring missions;
- Draft and coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners; Identify capacity development needs of stakeholders;
- Keep updated a mapping of main stakeholders/ partners in the field in the Project target regions;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development/ expansion of knowledge management strategies, methodologies, and products on women economic empowerment;
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the Project and contribute to their dissemination;
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies, analyzing and maintaining information and databases on donors and developing database of project profiles for presentation to donors;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the documentation and filing system;
- Manage the Project contracts outsourced to third parties to ensure timely and due quality of delivery of products and services;
- Perform financial certification function and provide oversight over the Project transactions;
- Confirm receipt of goods and services procured, authorize payments from the Project funds, monitor financial status of the Project;
- Provide support in identification and procurement of services and equipment;
- Acts as Project asset custodian․
- Support transfer of technical assistance and substantive advice to the working groups and beneficiary institutions in relevant sectors;
- Assess the situations and propose improvements based on best practice;
- Promote networking and experience sharing between the Project stakeholders and target groups;
- Contribute to raising gender awareness of the beneficiaries during interviews, workshops, training events, and conferences;
- Advise the beneficiaries throughout the Project implementation period;
- Liaise and establish proper professional relationship with the authorities on national, regional and local level.
- To ensure Project visibility through preparation and implementation of a communication strategy:
- Foster due coordination and linkages of the parallel UNDP projects on women with relevant programmes in Armenia, particularly with activities of other programmes funded by international organization, and other stakeholders;
- Ensure coordination with Project partners for timely and successful implementation of the planned interventions;
- Ensure due information and communication flows for all stakeholders, promote networking and experience sharing between Project stakeholders and target groups;
- In absence of Programme Manager represent the Project on behalf of UNDP and the UN Women as required, vis-à-vis the authorities, and other international and local organizations;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN and UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems.
- Proficiency in professional writing and reporting;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains positive and composed even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
- High level of integrity and professionalism. Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion.
- Ability to handle big volume and scope of simultaneous tasks, as well as work under the pressure and in circumstances of diverse interests.
- Demonstrated strong team spirit.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.