Requisition ID: req3286
Job Title: Health Data Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Dhusamareeb, Somalia
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Medical Officer, the Health Data Officer will be responsible for collecting statistical data from Operational health facilities of IRC in Galgadud region including Hanaan/Guricel Hospitals and generating weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed statistical reports for program follow up and monitoring purposes. S/He is expected to take part in the M&E activities to ensure the delivery of high quality services. S/He is expected to update the comprehensive Online Management effectiveness tool (COMET) regularly as needed.
- Ensure the application, update and monitoring of COMET system
- Support and Monitor Data clerks based at the facility level to ensure that weekly/monthly data entry is effectively and correctly entered into COMET system
- Conduct data validity and accuracy audits to ensure the quality of the data in the system
- Carry out weekly data audit to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data in the health facility registers
- Provide refresher trainings to Data clerks, and health staff on COMET, and data management
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations and safeguard the data for control quality improvement efforts
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to monitor the program performance
- Attend HIMS meetings and provide feedback to the staff to improve the data quality
- Develop and distribute the data collection tools to the health facilities
- Conduct monthly review of registers and forms from the health facilities to ensure accuracy and quality before data.
- Conduct regular visits to health facilities to identify gaps in timeliness and quality of data reporting and work with relevant staff to address the gaps.
- Undertake training and follow-up mentoring to health facility staff to ensure the quality of data collection procedures in all the health facilities
- With the support of the Senior Medical Officer, organize quarterly data review meetings to monitor the program performance.
- Maintain data backup and archival procedures.
- Carry out any other activities deemed appropriately by the supervisor.
Reporting and Coordination:
- Represent IRC in HMIS meetings
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and updates as required to the MoH and IRC
- Bachelor degree in Computer science or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Has health background
- Skills in DHIS, HMIS and data management.
- At least 2 years’ experience in health data collection/ management and all statistic forms
- Data analysis and report writing skills
- Health information system knowledge and skills
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative surveys
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel), MIS, HIS, SPSS
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer