Background Information - Myanmar
Background Information – Asia Regional Health Cluster
The Asia Regional Health Cluster (ARHC) was established in 2018 for efficient delivery of grants and funds management, and the provision of quality pharmaceuticals and medical equipment. The ARHC aims to significantly impact the targets of UN Sustainable Development Goal #3 on good health and well being by expanding the population benefitting from UNOPS-managed health-related engagements across the Asia Region. The ARHC portfolio manages the Principal Recipient (PR) Programme of the Global Fund in Asia. The Global Fund, which has been providing financial support to the Greater Mekong Sub-Region for malaria programs since 2003, has selected UNOPS as a PR, responsible for delivering the targets set out in the grant agreements, in collaboration with selected Sub-Recipients (SRs) from the National Programmes, international and local non-governmental organizations and United Nations agencies.
Background Information - Job-specific
The Procurement Associate is responsible for the processing of procurement requests and management of a variety of procurement and transactions mainly for pharmaceutical and health products (such as determining technical specifications, supplier evaluation, selection and performance monitoring), in accordance with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and Procurement Manual. S/he will be primarily responsible to:
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Provide timely and effective procurement services and operations to clients.
- Establish procurement plans/define procurement methodology.
- Prepare requests for quotation and invitations to bid for ad-hoc requests in accordance with UNOPS.
- Assist in development of technical specifications in cooperation with clients including. advisory services.
- Assist in negotiation and preparation of relevant commercial and technical documentation including. terms and conditions.
- Evaluate bids received.
- Prepare/review submissions to UNOPS HQCPC or APO for order approval, if necessary.
- Place orders with selected suppliers.
- Ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services.
- Manage vendor performance.
- Support facilitation of internal courses/exams/workshops/seminars and the development and/or
- administration of Web-based tests.
- Participate in the writing of guidelines and procedures for procurement services to institutionalize best practices and knowledge sharing.
- Manage catalogues content, develop and implement new catalogues features.
- Undertake field missions.
- Identify market for frequently procured items and services.
- Keep abreast of relevant products/services market developments.
- Conduct supply and demand market analysis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.Impact of Results
- Procurement plan properly maintained, updated and supplies properly safeguarded
- Solicitation documents, Supplier’s contracts, Purchase orders
- Timely delivery of supplies to designated location/recipients and reporting
- Standard Operating Procedure developed & updated
- Data base on supply and products developed
- Database of all procurement activities maintained and updated
Secondary education diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy is an asset and may substitute some required years of work experiences.
Minimum of 6 years relevant progressive experience in procurement and/or its related fields is required.
Knowledge of UN and/or rules and regulations in procurement will be an asset.
Basic understanding of Logistics and Incoterms 2010 required.
Good knowledge of international public procurement practices and experiences with market analysis in this field an advantage.
Experience with PeopleSoft procurement module and UN Web buy an advantage.Good working knowledge of MS Office applications essential.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement Contract level: LICA- 6
Contract duration:Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. ONLY MYANMAR NATIONALS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Yangon (Myanmar)
- Grade: LICA-6, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-12-12