Roster Manager - Procurement
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
- Efficient management of procurement processes
- Elaboration, introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented roster management system.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of the contract strategic in the office including tendering processes, evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of roster management processes;
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Establishment of the roster management processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in the process;
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Development and management of the rosters of consultants, elaboration of consultants selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms;
- Management of the WIDE and other roster management systems.
- Sound contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Knowledge sharing and knowledge management will be fundamental aspects of high-value services;
- Organization of trainings for the operations and programme staff;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- In-depth knowledge on development issues
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods (RFQ, ITB, RFP).
- Ability to introduce and implement strategic procurement, contract and sourcing strategy
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Procurement, Logistics, Business Administration or related field.
- 4 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and national language of the duty station. Knowledge of one more UN official language is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Grade: SB-4 (SC8/SC9), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-12-08