Consultancy – Software Programmer
Texcoco (Mexico) | Mexico
CIMMYT is an international nonprofit agricultural research and development organization focused on strengthening corn and wheat production systems in developing countries. For more information, visit our website at www.cimmyt.org
The International Center for Improvement of Maize and Wheat (CIMMYT) is looking for an innovative, proactive and independent professional for the consultancy of Software Programmer to work in the Wheat Physiology Team. Please take into account that this consultancy is strictly temporary (6-months).
The selected person will work at CIMMYT Headquarters, located at Texcoco, State of Mexico, 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Participate in the design and program the automation of the workflow for the processing of Remote Sensing images (i.e. RGB, Multispectral, Hyperspectral and LiDAR).
- Participate in the design and program a tool for the integration of the processes involving capture, management and backup of ground-based collected data.
- Develop and implement other informatics tools that could facilitate the general workflow of the Wheat Physiology group (e.g. simple software to track seed inventory).
- Document and deliver any script, library, program or software developed during the work in the Wheat Physiology group.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Advanced programing skills, preferably in: R, C, C++, Phyton, Java, SQL, IDL, Matlab, SAS and HTTP.
- Advanced level in English.
- Experience in software development and application.
- Experience with servers and clouds will be considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge in GIS or Remote Sensing software, and image processing algorithms will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience with relational databases will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience or knowledge in microcontroller programming will be considered as an advantage (e.g. Arduino).
- Travel to other CIMMYT experimental stations will be needed, depending on the particular activities.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competences: Pro-Activity, Fast Problem Solving, Teamwork, Time Management, High-level Organization skills and Multi-Cultural Awareness.
CIMMYT offers support for continuous professional development.
Please apply online to the consultancy M18267 Software Programmer no later than Thursday, October 4, 2018. For more information about the position, contact Yareli Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org ) (55) 5804-2004 ext. 1162
We ask you to take into account that only the selected candidates will be contacted.
This consultancy will remain open until covered.
CIMMYT has an equal opportunity policy for employees and promotes diversity in terms of gender and nationality.