Assam (India) | INDIA
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: bisa.org
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Coordinator (Fisheries) depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within BISA’s collaboration with WorldFish. WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization with headquarters in Penang, Malaysia, and offices in Asia, Africa, and the Pacific. WorldFish’s mission is to harness the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce poverty and hunger in developing countries. Please refer to this website for more information: www.worldfishcenter.org
The position will be based at Guwahati, Assam.
- Provide overall leadership and coordination to support implementation of World Bank funded APART project.
- Work closely with ARIAS, DOF and COF and support effective implementation of all project interventions.
- Supervise the implementation and delivery of overall goals of the Project in timely manner.
- Maintain strong collaboration with key partners to ensure project activities are responsive to the plans and programs of the partners and donor.
- In consultation with ARIAS, DOF and WorldFish Project leader, develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system.
- Assist ARIAS and project partner – Department of Fisheries, Assam to identify and recruit suitable national experts (or DoF staff for deployment) for implementing project interventions and supervise activities of these staff on daily basis.
- Prepare detailed action plan (work plan) including budgets for implementing project interventions on annual basis.
- Guide and assist the project technical staff from the DOF to develop individual work plans and carry out the respective activities.
- Prepare detailed monthly progress reports, annual reports, any other reports and project deliverables on timely basis as per the requirement from the donor.
- Undertake any other general duties as per the needs and advices of the Project Leader.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Fisheries Science / Agricultural Sciences /Zoology / Life Sciences with minimum 10 years’ experience including a minimum 5 years rural fieldwork experience, especially in fish production systems.
- Private sector work experience with farmer and value chain centric jobs is advantageous.
- Experience in working with and managing team of multiethnic people.
- Proven capabilities of working with government sector development projects.
- Good understanding of project cycle management including planning, implementation, human resources, finance, logistics, monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi. Working knowledge of Assamese is advantageous.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office.
The assignment is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive payment package.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Wednesday, 26 September, 2018 to Human Resources, CIMMYT/BISA. (Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN18114 in the subject of your email)
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.