Purpose of the post
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949.
The ERP manager is in charge of the management and capacity of the team under the ERP platform but also has the technical skills that will enable him/her to have a global view of all ERPs. S/he supervises all ICRC ERP coherent evolution, functioning, constraints and exploitation as well as the related staff.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Defines a roadmap for the business continuity, the maintainability, the loss of support and decommissioning of old ERPs.
- Ensures adequate capacity and knowledge regarding the forecasted workload of his/her team.
- Builds and drives annual maintenance release plan.
- Constructs sector's roadmap in collaboration with the Head of Unit and other head of sectors.
- Manages the building, updating, and evolution of the cartography of the applications s/he is in charge of. Ensures the integrity of these systems according to the ICT roadmap and proposes evolution and simplification scenarios whilst taking into account all related factors (obligations, necessities, and issues).
- Coordinates synthesize and ensures the quality of agreed validations, and gives the relevant information to all necessary stakeholders.
- Organizes, manages, coordinates and arbitrates his/her technical staff and providers.
- Evaluates the relevance and coherence of the projects in light of the target architecture and existing systems.
- Follows the projects to ensure technical consistency and their smooth integration into the infrastructure at the L3 level.
- Is responsible for ensuring the quality of the platform documentation according to ICT quality guidelines.
Scope & Impact
- Remit: Global
- Manages a team of 10 people under the ERP Platform with subdivisions of Finance, HR and Logistics.
Education and experience required
- Masters Degree or Diploma in Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on, successful experience with one or several of the leading ERP - SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics.
- At least 5 years of team leadership and management experience.
- Fluent command in both English and French.
- Computer proficiency.
Desired profile and skills
- An experienced technical leader with a hands-on experience with at least one of the following ERP systems:
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Oracle JD Edwards
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects and integrating multiple change management initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good experience in Agile and/or Scrum project management methodology.
- Experience with Electronic Document Management (EDM) on a paperless project.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Project Server.
- Location: Geneva
- Type of position: Resident
- Activity rate: 100%
- Length of assignment: 4 years, extendable
- Application deadline: Sunday, 6 January 2019