Chief of Party, Kenya
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Chief of Party, Kenya
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID Title II Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Kenya. The DFSA in Kenya is anticipated to be a multi-year project to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity. The activity will aim to increase food security in the most vulnerable households in northern Kenya. To achieve this, the ACDI/VOCA team will ensure the implementation of interventions designed to increase incomes, ensure access to nutritious food year-round, improve household nutrition and hygiene practices, and strengthen governance in communities affected by shocks and stresses.
The COP is responsible for overall DFSA program implementation and achievement of activity objectives. He/she will provide leadership, oversight, and support to all aspects of the program. The COP will promote strong relationships with the USAID Mission, the host government, sub-recipient partners and other donor and non-governmental organizations. This position is based in Kenya with frequent in-country travel.
- Provide technical leadership and managerial oversight to all aspects of the program, including support in programmatic areas such as improving livelihoods of beneficiaries and promoting improved health and nutrition
- Foster strong relationships with the USAID Mission, host government institutions, and other donor and nongovernmental organizations
- Supervise commodity management, budgeting, pipeline analyses and financial accounting
- Oversee planning sessions, development, refinement and implementation of strategies to improve program performance
- Ensure timeliness of monitoring and evaluation activities and develop reports for donor and ACDI/VOCA management
- Implement the system to ensure accuracy of setting targets, progress tracking, and compliance with evidence of reporting
- Coordinate activities and write annual results report, resource requests, quarterly reports and pipeline analyses
- Directly liaise with the USAID Mission for an update, addressing issues and responding to project-related questions and requests
- Master’s degree in development studies, agriculture, nutrition, public health or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects
- Experience managing multi-sectoral food security projects including agricultural development and maternal child health and nutrition
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience recruiting, developing and mentoring, and managing staff
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming
- Regional experience in East Africa is highly preferred
- Demonstrated skills in meeting programmatic and financial reporting requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; Swahili a plus
- Ability to travel within the country and internationally, as required
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.