Individual Consultant â Documentation Coordinator
kinnaur (reckong peo) | himachal pradesh | India
Individual Consultant – Documentation Coordinator - District Level (For Indian Nationals Only)
Location : Kinnaur (Reckong Peo), Himachal Pradesh, INDIA
Application Deadline : 10-Dec-18 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 5d 22h 34m
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : One Year (with possibility of extension on availability of funds, extension of the project)
The UNDP India Country Programme Action Plan (CPAP) for the period 2013-17, signed with the Government of India enables UNDP to provide Development Support Services to the country. The aim of the Development Support Services is to help government improve the administrative efficiency and effectiveness of government programmes and schemes both at the national and state level. The signed CPAP, states that UNDP will provide demand-based development support services, including procurement support services, with requisite professional skills, personnel and technical resources with a view to supporting administrative efficiency and developing capacities of government agencies.
The Revenue Department (DM), State Government of Himachal Pradesh responsible to undertake various actions as per the legal-institutional framework of the National Disaster Management Act 2005, has formally requested UNDP support to strengthen SDMA (State Disaster Management Authority) and all 12 DDMAs (District Disaster Management Authorities) out of funds available with it under the 14th Finance Commission Grant by providing demand-based human resource at the state and district levels to facilitate implementation of training & capacity building activities in the State. In this context, UNDP is looking for individuals for the positions of Documentation Coordinator to provide support to the Government of HP in the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Documentation Coordinator will be based at DDMA, in the District Headquarter and under the overall supervision of the Deputy Commissioner, he/she would carry out the following tasks:
- Support Training & Capacity Building Coordinator for organizing various Disaster Management Activities and maintaining database.
- Support in organizing information and preparation of reports in coordination with the field staff;
- Facilitate and strengthen the reporting system for dissemination of information to the different agencies involved in Disaster Management activities;
- Assist in classifying and compiling various knowledge products such as reports, training manuals, handbooks, audio-visual materials, IEC materials and other publications;
- Document best practices and lessons learnt;
- Awareness generation of DDMA activities through social networking sites with prior approval of DDMA.
- Assist NIC in maintaining and updating disaster management content in the district website in coordination with Deputy Commissioner’s office;
- Collect inputs from various stakeholders and update the India Disaster Resource Network (IDRN) on a regular basis;
- Respond to the e-mails, queries, questions and clarifications from various stakeholders;
- Collect, compile, digitize and transmit knowledge products from various sources organizations on a regular basis;
- Designing layouts, graphics and other IEC material in coordination with Training and Capacity Building Coordinator.
- Submit periodic progress reports to the Deputy Commissioner;
- Help maintain a database of trainers, trainees and other resource persons in the district;
- Facilitate & Coordinate establishment and proper functioning of District Emergency Operation Centers for Disaster Management information dissemination.
- Perform all such functions that may be entrusted by the DDMA.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the State;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in the subject area
- of the project, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Strong Oral and Communication skills.
- Strong analytical, assessment and project planning skills.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to apply conceptual models in support of implementation of the various activities assigned by the DDMA;
- Good knowledge of the results based management of the activities/initiatives;
- Good working Knowledge of Computers, MS Office, ICT Tools;
- Ability to lead implementation of initiatives.
- Corporate Competencies:
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Essential – Post Graduate/Master’s Degree in Disaster Management or Environmental Sciences or social sciences or related discipline.
- Desirable- Knowledge of Customs and Manners of Himachal Pradesh.
- Essential -Minimum 2 years work experience in Disaster Management or sector relevance to the Disaster Management with government or public sector organization or with reputed NGO.
- Fluency of Hindi & English language is required.
Duration of the Work:
- The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government policy.
- All official travel must be authorized and certified in advance. Candidates will be entitled to get TA/DA as per government rules from DDMA and in case of official journey outside the State, prior approval of Disaster Management cell shall be required.
Schedule of Payments:
- Consolidated Annual Consultancy Fee (Remuneration) of Rs. 3,00,000/- payable in equal monthly instalments, upon submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
- Institutional Arrangement:
- Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Himachal Pradesh;
- All the logistic support related to official travel will be borne by the Government of Himachal Pradesh as per their prevailing rules;
- Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non-encashable)
- Monitoring at State/District/UNDP India level-Proper monitoring of the selected candidates at the State and the district level:
- Special Secretary (Rev- DM) will be the nodal officer/reporting authority for the selected candidates and monthly report/quarterly report of the candidates will be go through Special Secretary (Rev- DM).
- Submission of attendance sheet and activity report (Monthly and quarterly) including of photographs and details of the meeting/training on 25th of every month to State Government/HPSDMA, in order to send the report to UNDP India office timely. Format of the attendance sheet will be provided by the UNDP India.
Deputy Commissioner of the district will be nodal officer at the district level and the selected candidates should send the monthly/quarterly progress report through him or ADM, CEO- DDMA to the State on 25th of every month.
Extension of services of the Candidates:
- Extension of services of the candidates, shall be based on yearly performance review by DDMA and recommendation of the Deputy Commissioner cum Chairman- DDMA.
- Selected candidates will devote his/her time and attention exclusively to the duties entrusted to him/her and will not engage his/her self to work for any other institution or person or association or organization in any capacity, if found, will be considered as disqualification.
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Shortlisting would be done based on the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification 30% Marks;
- Relevant Experience 50% Marks;
- Suitability for the assignment 20% Marks.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for an interview. As part of the interview process, candidates may be required to demonstrate their skills through preparation of Power Point presentation, design of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials, etc. The interviews will be conducted either in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh or in New Delhi and will be based on the competencies (skills) required as per the ToR. The contract shall be awarded on a merit basis. If face-to-face interviews are conducted, travel costs will be borne by the shortlisted candidate.
For any clarifications, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.