Logistics Coordinator - North (Lebanese National) - Lebanon
Tal Abbas (Lebanon)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing the logistics team in the North Office. He/She will handle large-scale procurements and is responsible to ensure compliance with NRC’s policies and procedures and donors’ rules and regulations in relation to Procurement, Warehousing, Fleet Management, and Asset Management.
- Provide technical advice and support to implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures in the north office.
- Provide follow-up and controls to ensure adherence to the NRC Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, fleet management, asset management).
- Prepare and implement, in coordination with the Logistics Manager in Beirut, a capacity-building plan for training and development of the logistics team.
- Follow up on the procurement plans and requisition tracking in the office.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports and plans as required.
- Ensure proper filing of all logistics documents.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Handle large and medium scale procurements (National tenders, Long Term Agreements, Requests for Quotations, etc.)
- Provide technical advice and support to the Logistics team in the North Office
- Follow up and update the Area Procurement Plan as required
- Coordinate with the Support Manager to ensure a yearly assets count/check for the North office is done.
- Coordinate with the Support Manager to ensure proper warehouse management and yearly stock count/check for the warehouses in the north is done.
- Coordinate with the Project Managers in the North and the Logistics Coordinator in Beirut to ensure proper management and efficient use of NRC’s fleet in the North office.
- Implement any other logistics related task as requested by the Support Manager
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Coordinate closely with the Support Manager, Beirut Logistics Manager and Logistics Coordinator.
- Coordinate closely with the Logistics Officer to identify gaps and areas for technical support within the logistics team.
- Work closely with HR and the other support functions to ensure there is a systematic and coherent approach to capacity building of staff in the team.
- Finance Team in the North
- Project Managers and Coordinators to understand their needs and assist developing in procurement plans
1. Professional competencies
- Bachelor degree in business, supply chain, or any relevant field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Logistics, procurement and contracts management;
- Experience in supply chain operations;
- Experience in fleet, warehouse and assets management;
- Proficient in MS Office applications;
- Fluent in both Arabic and English, written and verbal.
- Behavioral competencies
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments