Texcoco (Mexico) | Mexico
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Coordinator to support the Innovative Business Strategies program (IBS). (Note that this position is strictly temporary 6 months).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Organize and maintain efficient filing system for the Innovative Business Strategies Director’s office, including subject, index, and/or cross-reference files.
- Respond to routine requests, incoming calls, and translate documents and correspondence as needed, referring to other sources for detailed information.
- Ensure that the appropriate preparation material is available including documents, letters and reports as required before every meeting scheduled in the agenda.
- Provide general administrative support by arranging travels and logistics, including but not limited to the purchase of airline tickets, expense reports, payment requests, reimbursements, activity reports, hotel reservations, creation and maintenance of the schedule for all trips.
- Assemble materials or reports for distribution where the information may be gathered from several sources or may be difficult to organize or compile.
- Ensure that follow-up of action items agreed during the meetings or specific objectives are accomplished in coordination with the Projects Coordinator and Liaison Officer.
- Prepare, edit, format and scan documents as needed and compile required signatures for various documents as requested.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of administrative processes.
- Manage Unit documents such as projects dossiers, contracts, agreements, financial reports, contracts, correspondence.
- Ensure that accurate minutes of meetings are taken, approved and maintained in corporate records and made available when required.
- Provide administrative support to Innovative Business Strategies Director’s office subscriptions and renewal payments.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Time Management, Adaptability, and Change Management, Relationship with External Stakeholders and Multi-Cultural Awareness / Sensitivity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M18294 Administrative Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, December 26, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Yareli Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.