National Consultant: Programme Administrative Support in Bangladesh
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. UN Women, among other issues, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; empowerment of women; and achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Bangladesh focusses on Governance, Peace and Security, with a significant component of its work on promoting social cohesion in Bangladesh through research, policy advocacy and capacity building of women, CSOs and relevant government institutions at local and national level. Against this background, UN Women Bangladesh is seeking to recruit a National Consultant to provide the required administrative support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of the programme in line with UN Women rules and regulations. Further details of the expected roles and responsibilities for the consultant are found below:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of Programme Specialist –Women, Peace and Security, UN Women Bangladesh, in close consultation with the Programme Associate at UN Women Regional Office, to ensure achievements of following tasks:
- Provide support on the implementation of Programme “Empowered Women, Peaceful Communities” in Bangladesh;
- Assist documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking;
- Support programme implementation partners on audit preparation;
- Support fund management and travel arrangement;
- Provide administrative support to the programme team in the organization of events;
- Create and organize hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval.
Task and Deliverables:
- Provide programme and administratproive support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, and financial reports;
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking;
- Support programme implementation partners on audit preparation.
Deliverables: A report on administrative support for the programme implementation including brief report on the procurement by 31 January 2019
- Support revision of project award and project status, and determination of unutilized funds;
- Make travel arrangements for the programme team, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims.
Deliverables: A report on administrative support for the programme implementation including brief report on fund management and travel arrangement by 28 February 2019.
- Provide administrative support to the programme team in the organizing number of events;
- Create and organize hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
Deliverables: A report on administrative support for the programme implementation including brief report on the organization of events and filling of hard and electronic documents by 31 March 2019.
Duration of Assignment and Duty Station:The consultant is expected to be based in UN Women Bangladesh in Dhaka from 2 January 2019 – 31 March 2019. The consultant may be required to travel on mission as assigned by hiring unit.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in programme administration, programme management support;
- Experience in working for UN Women, and/or other UN Agencies is desirable;
- Knowledge of UN Women and/or other UN corporate monitoring tools (ATLAS, etc.) an advantage;
- Knowledge of gender issues is an asset.
Language and others:
- Excellent command of English (oral and written), other UN languages is an asset.
Submission of application:
Interested Individual Consultants will submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications.Proposal:Submission package includes:
- Updated CV
- Personal History Form(P11): UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from: http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employme;
- Financial Proposal:Lump Sum fee (equivalent to daily fee x no. of days).Number of days refers to actual days that the consultant works in order to produce deliverables as required by the ToR, NOT the number of days covering the whole period of consultancy;
- Travel cost travel to other locations will be based on UN women policy and procedures.