Project Coordinator for Women Economic Empowerment through Climate Smart Agriculture
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to Women Economic Empowerment Programme Specialist, the Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Women Economic Empowerment through Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Project which includes coordinating relationships with national partners and stakeholders, and the monitoring and reporting portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate the Women Economic Empowerment through CSA Project
- Coordinate the overall Project work plan development and implementation according to Strategic Note/ programme document;
- Gather inputs and coordinate the preparation of work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports;
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring, in collaboration with partners;
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
2. Guide coordination with national partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinate relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Women Economic Empowerment through CSA Project, raise potential problems and suggest solutions;
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives, as needed.
3. Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on the Women Economic Empowerment through CSA Project
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on projects from the planning to the evaluation stages;
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds; conduct regular monitoring visits, as required;
- Draft and provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports; coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide inputs from Women Economic Empowerment through CSA project activities and results to Country Office reporting.
4. Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Provide inputs to the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
5. Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
- Document the programme implementation process and products;
- Contribute to the exchange of information and provide inputs to the development of knowledge products internally and externally of the programme;
- Coordinate the organization of major advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
Deliverables of the Assignment
- National/district level partners identified to manage the project
- Target population for the CSA project identified and their profiles developed
- Monthly and quarterly reports compiled for the project
- Financial reports and liquidations from partners compiled
- Partner assessments conducted
- Programme stakeholder meetings conducted
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, or agribusiness, or agricultural irrigation is required, a master’s degree with the above-mentioned background is a plus.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with national partners, preferably related to thematic area;
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects is an asset.
- Ability to write high quality, clear, concise reports in English