Requisition ID: req3432
Job Title: Gynecologist
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Tripoli, Libya
Under the supervision of Health Manager, the Gynecologist is responsible for:
- Assessing, Diagnosing and Treating patients with available primary and reproductive health clinical capacity.
- Provide obstetric and gynecologic care including during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods, family planning counselling and syndromic management to STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections).
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- Provide professional medical care to the highest quality and in accordance with national and international laws, protocols, and standards.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary
- Conduct home visits for medical consultation of beneficiaries if required
- Liaise with pharmacies, laboratories and other providers to ensure quality care as requested by the hierarchy.
- Conduct relevant health education for each treated patient with proper explanation and medical advices
- Ensure proper and clear documentation of clinical findings and treatment plans
- Support the needs of systems and databases as required to ensure proper care of patients
- Perform tasks as needed by the direct supervisor that are relevant to the position
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Report needs, concerns, achievements in the field to the direct supervisor
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, and maintain them at all times
- Demonstrate good communication skills and adequate respect for patients and their families
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as appropriate
- Provide regular updates to the IRC security and operations team on any potential risks or issues in the communities
- Follow-up patients as appropriate including those referred to higher facilities
The Gynecologist will not be line managing any internal staff.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery with a valid practice license from Libyan Ministry of Health
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working as gynecologist
- Relevant experience working at NGOs with similar role is an advantage
- Good understanding of the principles of health care services levels, diagnostic procedures, Libyan health systems, healthcare providers in all sectors, and medical case definitions.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with daily travel to different field sites in Tripoli
- Capacity and flexibility to work under pressure and difficult conditions
- Effective team player with public interest driven orientation
Basic skills in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in both Arabic & English
- Understand IRC Way, standards for professional conduct; Integrity, Service, Accountability