Zonal Data Assistant - NEZ
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the WHO country office representative and over all supervision of IVE focal point and guidance of the state coordinator the monitoring and evaluation officer will carry out the following specific task\:
1. Capture, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI.
2. Update the all Zonal disease databases with results received from the laboratories and WCO
3. Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to states on a bi-weekly frequency.
4. Maintain records of all hard copies of documents received from states and those forwarded to WCO through the zone
5. Document monthly activities âmonthly reports transmitted by the 26th of the month shared with zone
6. Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to ZDM/M&E
7. Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to states for action.
8. Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
9. Follow up with states in the zone to acquire complete and timely data.
10. Create and secure back-up copies of data in the zone.
11. Provide all round data management support to the ZDM
12. Perform other activities as required by the Zonal Coordinator
- At least 5 yearsâ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (QGIS, ArcGIS, Healthmapper etc)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Basic knowledge of ICT, mobile and web - based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background