Compensation & Benefits Manager
Reports to (role)
- Head of Compensation & Benefits
Purpose of the post
The Compensation & Benefits Centre of Expertise is leading a number of strategic initiatives that will enhance the ICRC’s capacity to attract, develop and retain the best possible workforce to access people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence and to deliver effective humanitarian services. The implementation of these projects involves significant changes in ICRC HR programs, policies and tools.
The first projects (Job Grading, Salary scales, Mobility policies) have been implemented in January 2018 and the next projects (Medical coverage, Retirement) have been started, while all related elements need to be integrated into our new HR Information system (Success Factors).
The Compensation & Benefits Manager will be accountable for some of these projects and collaborate with the rest of the team for the design, communication and implementation of the new projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ownership of C&B HRIS-related matters (global on-line salary review, rationalization of C&B-related data, automation of C&B-related processes, total reward statements).
- Ownership of the creation, maintenance and updating of C&B-related policies and communication material.
- Maintenance and evolution of the job grading framework.
- Contribution to the development, including modelling, implementation and communication of new project streams across the field and at headquarters.
- Active participation in all C&B projects as and when required.
Education and experience required
- University degree in business administration, human resources, or other related discipline,
- 10+ years working experience in supporting the design and implementation of compensation and benefits policies in medium to large multinational organizations
- Ideally experience of both commercial and non-profit organizations
- Hands-on experience of designing and managing on-line C&B process, such as annual salary review and day-to-day processes
- Ability to efficiently communicate in English and in French to different groups of stakeholders, from senior management to staff, on all C&B-related matters
Desired profile and skills
- Understanding of best practices in compensation and benefits (e.g. job grading, salary scales design, international benefits, total rewards)
- Strong analytical skills and logical mindset
- Quick learner
- Good level of MS Office literacy
- Hands-on, results driven yet able to work well within a team
- Ability to listen and integrate feedback
- Location : Geneva
- Activity rate : 100%
- Length of assignment : 4 years, extendable
- Estimated start date : ASAP
- Application deadline : Sunday, 20th January 2019
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resources
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2019-01-20