Pension Fund Coordinator (PF-OP-BS-2018-134-LD)
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Great science needs great people! Are you an organised professional, skilled with numbers, detail-oriented and good at dealing with people? Seize this opportunity and contribute your skills to a team of three to provide support to Pension Fund’s Benefits Service! CERN, take part!
You will join:
- The CERN Pension Fund, whose purpose is to insure its members from the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere (ESO) and their families against the economic consequences of disability and old age of its members and of the death of its members and beneficiaries. The Fund currently has some 3,900 active members and 3,700 beneficiaries. Operating as a defined benefit capitalized scheme, the CERN Pension Fund's assets currently amount to approximately CHF 4 billion.
- The Benefits Service (BS) is responsible for the processing of benefits, application of the PF rules and communication with members and beneficiaries.
As a member of the team in the Benefits Service, you will be responsible for:
- Providing information and assistance to active and retired members of the Fund.
- Ensuring compliance with the CERN Pension Fund Rules and Regulations, Staff Rules and Regulations and CERN Health Insurance Scheme rules.
- Paying monthly benefits to ex-members and beneficiaries.
- Processing and checking individual personal documents that justify pension and allowance entitlement.
- Liaising with other CERN Departments (Human Resources, Finance Personnel Accounting).
- Providing back up to other members of the team.
- Maintaining files and archives of a confidential nature.
- Documenting and updating the Internal Control System including administrative procedures.
- Actively participating in operational projects.
- Execution of year-end processes and preparation formal communications with beneficiaries.
- Execution of front to back administration processes.
Technical certificate or higher technical diploma in the field of administration, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and financial processes, preferably in a front-line and international environment.
- Experience of process change would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the pension fund or payroll industry would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and procedures.
- Customer service.
- Use of Office software packages: Excel, Word.
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented; listening actively to others and letting others speak; providing others with timely information.
- Building relationships: showing courtesy and consideration in dealings with others.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility: demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations; adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft accurate texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 20.01.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (3 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: PF-OP-BS-2018-134-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Process/Services Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further
- Organization: CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2019-01-20