Solutions Design Lead
Background information - ICT
The UNOPS ICT Unit is part of the Finance Group within UNOPS and is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the supervision of the Head of Business Solutions, the Solutions Design Lead will be responsible for managing the Solutions Design team and for the delivery of optimal and appropriate solutions to address business needs and requirements specified by the Business Architecture team. The Solutions Design Lead will ensure that the design of solutions provides the best value to UNOPS in terms of balancing benefits and costs and ensuring that the business need identified is optimally addressed with a view towards increased efficiency, effectiveness, and / or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
2. Functional and technical expertise
3. Solutions / systems design
4. Knowledge management and innovation
1. Provides leadership and management of the ICT Solutions Design function
- Acts as a mentor for the team and provide expert guidance to the team on relevant functional and technical matters
- Embeds a spirit of learning and continuous development within the team to ensure continued professionalisation of services provided and fine-tuning of professional craftsmanship
- Sets team objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to ensure timely and client focused services. Monitors implementation and oversee progress
- Establishes team priorities, and supervise the implementation of work plans
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration by providing the team with clear direction, objectives and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently
- Fosters a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed
- Provides substantive input to the CIO on continuous improvement plans
- Provides expertise and expert guidance to the Solutions Design team to design solutions that adequately address business requirements, use appropriate systems and technologies, and ensure the delivery of systems that are maintainable, easy to use for end-users, and address security and organisational controls appropriately
- Reviews and assures requirements and refinements to processes received from the Business Architecture team with a view towards quality and maximising the benefits of management information systems for enhancing efficiency and facilitating organizational / management monitoring, oversight and reporting
- Works closely with the Business Architecture team to understand business needs and requirements and enables good understanding amongst the Solutions Design Team
- Works closely with the Business Architecture team and the Testing and Quality assurance team to ensure that acceptance criteria for systems, modules, and functionality is clearly articulated, test scenarios are explored and documented, and that quality assurance is thorough
- Acts as the lead facilitator / negotiator with the Business Architecture team to ensure that there is sufficient understanding of the process for detailed solutions design
3. Develops and maintains solutions / systems design principles and standards and provides hands-on solution design to meet UNOPS business needs
- Defines Solutions Design Principles based on the IT Strategy and industry best practice. The principles will apply to all IT projects and solutions
- Defines and ensures adherence to Solutions Design standards and documentation
- Leads and participates in systems design workshops with ICT Business Analysts and personnel from relevant business functions
- Provides hands-on solutions designed for business requirements and ensures that solutions effectively meet business needs and are fit for purpose
- Defines and manages system enhancements to the Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP to streamline operations and usability, including execution, coordination of testing, and signoff
- Ensures and reviews that enhancements to business applications are undertaken in a carefully planned manner
- Ensures that solutions designed are in adherence to Business Architecture as well as Enterprise Architecture standards defined by the relevant ICT teams
- Ensures that solutions make best use of available technology with a focus on managing the complexity as well as cost effectiveness of the UNOPS ICT systems landscape
- Provides key inputs and assistance in the formulation of test scenarios and cases as well as assistance with user acceptance testing
4. Embeds relevant knowledge management and innovation within the ICT Solutions Design function as well as across the organisation
- Contributes to the development of internal capacity across the organization in the area of ICT
- Constantly monitors and evaluates UNOPS policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy
- Recommends new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services
- Leads / organise training and awareness / showcasing events and design / sets training agendas to build capacity of stakeholders across the business
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Computer Science or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience required in the area of Solutions Design
- Experience with managing people is required
- Experience with developing, maintaining and propagating enterprise-wide Solutions Design principles, standards, and processes is required
- Significant experience with designing solutions for ERP systems is required
- Experience with end-to-end ERP implementation, including designing solutions, implementation, testing, and roll-out is highly desired
- Significant experience with developing requirements and solutions for the Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP systems is required
- Excellent communication skills and good IT understanding
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: I-ICA3
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.