Livelihoods and Food Security Coordinator- Kerman based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
#6 | Kerman
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: Livelihoods and Food Security Coordinator for NRC Iran- (Kerman)
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced Livelihoods and Food Security Coordinator to achieve quality programming in Iran. The Livelihood and Food Security Coordinator will support all Livelihood and Food Security activities under supervision of Area Manager in Kerman.
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future Livelihoods and Food Security Coordinator in Iran?
NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, hard worker and analytical thinker with a proven track record of efficient in Livelihoods and Food Security activities in humanitarian field to give support to a rapidly expanding program.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated project portfolio according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plan of action
- Conduct regular needs assessment, M&E visits and where possible inform and involve communities
- Prepare and develop periodic progress and status reports as required
- Ensure that projects targets beneficiaries most in need
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement especially with regards to targeting and inclusion of most vulnerable beneficiaries
- Ensure proper documentation of project files
- Explore partnership options with NGOs, Government, training institutions, UN agencies, and private sector
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and in accordance with NRC procedures
- Support training of NRC and partners’ staff on LFS programming
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- University Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies, nutrition or other relevant discipline
- Experience for working as LFS Coordinator/Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Experience working in coordination and liaising with external actors
- Experience developing and delivering training and good presentation skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively with limited daily support and supervision
Duty Station: Kerman
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility.Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: #6 | Kerman
- Grade: Mid level
- Security and Safety
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2019-01-19