ICLA Coordinator - Kerman based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
#6 | Kerman
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: Information, Counseling and legal Assistant Coordinator for NRC Iran- Kerman
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced ICLA Coordinator to achieve quality programming in Iran. ICLA Coordinator will support all ICLA activities under supervision of Area Manager in Kerman.
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future ICLA Coordinator in Iran?
NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, hard worker with a proven track record of managerial skills and efficient experience in related field to give support to a rapidly expanding program.
- Line management of ICLA project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of ICLA projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from AM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to AM
- Ensure that projects target the most vulnerable beneficiaries, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Good level of Experience for working as ICLA Officer or related position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Experience working in coordination and liaising with external actors
- Experience developing and delivering training and good presentation skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively with limited daily support and supervision
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan displacement context is an asset
- Experience with scaling up of programs in strictly controlled context is an asset
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills Knowledge of global standards and relevant bodies of international law
Duty Station: Kerman
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: #6 | Kerman
- Grade: Mid level
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Managerial positions
- Legal - International Law
- Closing Date: 2019-01-19