Grants officer (M/F) - Nigeria
Maiduguri (Nigeria) | Nigeria
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Violence in the northeast of Nigeria has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement. It has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities. Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno state.
As of 3rd August, 1.82 million people are estimated to be displaced within/from of Borno state, 1.63 million of them actually stayed within the state. Most of them (more than 1.2m) are living in Maiduguri with the host community and others in formal and informal camps.
MDM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa.
MdM has started since October 2016 an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state. In 2018, MdM strategy in Borno state focuses on improving access to:
- Free comprehensive primary healthcare services
- Quality nutrition treatment for malnourished children
- Mental health and psychosocial support
- Lifesaving medical care, holistic referral services for survivors of gender based violence
In 2019, MDM will run directly 4 clinics (3 in Maiduguri, 6 in Damboa), support 2 Ministry of Health PHCC. MDM has also developped internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly deplacements of population as well as cholera outbreak).
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will be in charge of reporting and proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation technical support, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and partnership agreements.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
Donors proposals and reports writing
- Support the coordination team in the writing of proposals and donor reports and help in the compilation and reviews of the different contributions
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission to HQ
- Work in close collaboration with medical, logistics, HR and finance departments to ensure consistency among the different components of the proposals and reports
- Make sure that all indicators are acceptable and target realistic, in collaboration with program coordination and monitoring & evaluation supervisor
- Be the focal point at mission level for HQ concerning donor compliance and guidelines and ensure adherence of the staff
- Act as a focal point for report related queries in collaboration with the Public and Institutional Funding Unit
- Follow up on mission-level reporting and ensure that documents are submitted on time
- Take the lead in the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report to HQ, by liaising with the different mission departments
- Maintain overview of all donor requirements, rules and regulations and ensure their good dissemination and ownership by the staff
- Carry out regular donor mapping and identify new funding opportunities
- Maintain a database of current and expected calls for proposals
- On request of the general coordinator, approach relevant donors for potential funding, attend meetings with donors
- Support the mission in the organization of external audit or evaluation
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) / Partnership Agreements
- Support the program coordinator in the writing of needed operational MOU or amendments
- Take the lead in the preparation or review of MoU between MdM France and other MdM chapters
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fixed-term contract : 6 months
Starting date: February 2019
Gross monthly salary: 2500 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Master degree in the following or related field: development, international relations, humanitarian management
At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
Experience in writing proposals
Experience in coordinating and preparing strong narrative and financial reports for a variety of donors
Experience in developing and working with project budgets
Understanding of donor compliance, especially for OFDA, GMOFA, ECHO
Excellent level of communication both written and oral
Experience in humanitarian and development context highly appreciated
Capacity to work in insecure regions
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, team player and capacity to take initiatives to changing requirements
Languages: Fluent English
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
To apply, click on the following link : http://www.jobs.net/j/JerxxfAX?idpartenaire=128