Logistics Manager (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
Tehrān (Iran) | #29
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6,000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world's largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC in the Islamic Republic in Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
NRC is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country.
About the position: Logistics Manager
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced Logistics Manager to ensure that the Logistics set up of NRC Iran is according to NRC standard as well as to support program implementation. The Logistics Manager will also support the Head of Support in ensuring the highest standard of compliance towards NRC as well as donor’s handbooks and regulations.
Our ideal Candidate:
Are you NRC’s future Logistics Manager? Are you experienced in leading a team to achieve goals and implement policies? Can you develop procurement protocols and systems and work under pressure? Are you experienced in mentoring and leading a team? Do you have a knowledge regarding humanitarian field? Do you want to make a change in lives of vulnerable Afghans?
NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a strategical thinker with strong organizational/management skills and a proven capacity of Logistics in humanitarian field .
- Ensure that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Management of the logistics team
- Ensure anti-corruption focus in procedures and trainings
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure the timely delivery of logistics support services to all NRC Iraq projects.
- Assist in logistics budget preparation and follow up and manage allocated budget lines
- Development of formalized in country logistics policy documentation in line with NRC Global procedures.
- Support on and develop relevant logs training including coaching of senior Logistics staff in all Area Offices
- Setup key performance measures for all aspects of logistics activities and regularly review them against actual performance.
- Close and regular communication, coordination and planning with all logistics and program heads in all NRC AO
- Directly assisting and contributing to program and project design, including budget development.
- Provide audit and control checks to the AOs to ensure compliance to the logistics handbook.
Duty Station: Tehran (Country Office)
Contract duration/until: Until end of December 2019 (3 months probation period) with possible extension
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tehrān (Iran) | #29
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Supply Chain
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2019-01-19