Programme Finance Associate (Open to Egyptian Nationals and Residents only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to and supervised by the Gender Specialist, as well as under the guidance of Operations Manager, the Programme Finance Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary financial, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UN Women RO and HQ as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical support on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the CO website;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
- Participate in monitoring activities, including field visits to programme interventions.
Provide finance support to the Programme and Operations team
- Review accounts receivables for UN Women development projects and follow-up with project managers and finance section at regional office and/or headquarters on contributions, deposits creation in Atlas and their application to AR pending items;
- Prepare PO and non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Record and post transactions in Atlas, process payroll, travel claims, MPOs, and other entitlements;
- Monitor the setup of budgets in ATLAS to ensure they are in accordance with budgets agreed with donors and are input into ATLAS at the detailed Activity ID level;
- Monitor each month over-expenditure of budgets and follow up with Budget Owner;
- Monitor regularly transactions posted to projects ensuring actual expenditure has been recorded against correct budget category and activity, take timely corrective actions as required;
- Monitor proper follow up of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports together with project managers;
- Monitor the financial status and under the guidance of the Operations Manager implement control mechanisms for development projects;
- Monitor and proper follow up of all the financial items in Month-end and Year-end closure instructions status and under the guidance of the Operations Manager, take correction actions as required
- Keep stakeholders and clients informed for timely actions/decisions and review status reports for quality control;
- Provide information inputs to financial reports for Regional Office, HQ Finance and stakeholders
- Associate revenue and expenditure in commitment control for non-core projects.
- Provide inputs and take necessary actions to facilitate timely financial project closure;
- Support financial donor reporting by providing timely information and taking necessary actions as required by UN Women Virtual Global Service Centre for financial donor reporting;
Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Compile and process information from donors, CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Prepare drafts for cost sharing agreements including conditions of contributions within resource mobilization efforts, adhering to standard agreements where possible. Follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of financial and administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of filing and internal systems.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions.
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Strong knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting principles;
- Ability to administer and execute financial and administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Professionally qualified accounting certificate from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy is an asset.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a finance / accounting-specific role, and administration or programme management/support, with in a large international organization preferably in the UN system is required.
- Demonstrated financial experience using an ERP financial system.
- Demonstrated experience in providing financial and budget support to programmes/projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IPSAS/IFRS.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Arabic required.