ICLA Coordinator (CVAT) - Tehran based (Iran Nationals Only) - Iran
#29 | Tehrān
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives among INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: ICLA Coordinator (CVAT) for NRC Iran
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced ICLA Coordinator to manage a team in conducting multi-sectoral assessments for NRC Iran Operations. The ICLA Coordinator will ensure high quality implementation of the multi-sectoral assessments and transfer of information to appropriate units.
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future ICLA Coordinator in Iran?
NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, hard worker and energetic person with a proven track record of managerial skills and efficient experience in related field to give support to a rapidly expanding program.
- Managing CVAT team in conducting data collection tasks based on direct observation and interviews using developed tools and needs assessment and analysis;
- Responsible for proper handling of questionnaire/assessment forms by providing training and on-the-job mentoring to team members;
- In charge of directing communications with respondent(s) on topics such as the purpose of the data collection and NRC announcements/updates (e.g., case updates, instructions, and etc.);
- Line management of CVAT project staff;
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps;
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of CVAT related projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality;
- Provide regular progress reports to Area Manager;
- Active participation in testing and improving the assessment tools (e.g., CVAT),
Duty Station: Tehran
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with extension possibility.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: #29 | Tehrān
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Managerial positions
- Legal - International Law
- Closing Date: 2019-01-31